hi everyone.

lugnut

hello every one. i just joined the other day and tried posting but was not able to until now. i must say i like this site alot and have learned quite a bit already, and will hopefully be able to help someone out too. i own a 04 f350 crew cab long box lariat. 6.0 automatic. i bought this truck used with 43000 miles just this past january. since i got it i've had alot of problems bringing it back to the dealer 8 times. 5 injectors, 2 ball joints, egr problems, reflashes, and oil leaks. so for the ninth time i am hoping all is fixed. needless to say its been frustrating but i do love this truck. it is basically stock except for gutting the cat, unplugged the egr valve(will be blocking off as soon as i can find some better info on how to do it) and had the hypertech power module for a while but had to send it back just recently due to excess smoke and surging problems. i am waiting for it's return any day. i am seriously considering the sct programmer as soon as i can sneak the money past the wife though. the hypertech module works good but dosen't control the tranny and it seems to slip alot. i drive this truck every day from the northern suburbs of phila. to center city for work and on the weekends to the northen mountains of pa usally towing a trailer with quads and loaded with gear. for the most part i'll be lurking around learning. but if i can contribute some useful info i certainly will. thanks everyone

Welcome to Compdiesel Lugnut.
Could you please define "excess" smoke? LOL :evil

Welcome..We have several great vendors here that can help you aim your truck in the proper direction..

when i first put the module on on the highest setting it would let out a puff of black smoke when you put it to the floor then clear right up. right before i took it off it would pure out black smoke as soon as you touched the throttle and not stop until there was no load on the engine. this occured after i got the 06e17 reflash. even cruising on the highway just giving it a little throttle to pass someone the smoke was pouring out. was also surging bad at highway speeds. i called hypertech yesterday and theyr'e engineer's are looking at it now and i should know better at the end of the week if the problem is the module or not. its for sale if anyone is interested. i want an sct.

Back