High Altitude Problem w/ SCT

blueskyca

1st time above 5000 feet. At 6000 feet, turbo boost would jump from 3-4 lbs to 25 lbs with just a touch of throttle. More like a switch. After several episodes my tow/haul light started to flash and my tranny wouldn't shift into 5th anymore. This is with DJs SCT street tune on my 04 F250. Anyone seen anything like this?
Thanks.

blueskyca... I am not familiar with your name on this board. Could you send me, DJ, or Vivian an email or PM with your real name and email address and we will see if we can get that straightened out.

Thanks,

Chris

Good Morning Greg,

I hope you are doing well.

In checking your files, we noted that you are a 2004. The tunes we sent you in June were for your original computer code. You have never been back to the dealership? Based on what you are describing, it seems you have been reflashed. I sent you an email with instructions on what you need to do.

Thanks & have a great day,
Vivian

P.S. Thank you Chris.

Last edited:
I've been to the dealer 4 times in the last year and have been reflashed twice. None since I purchased the SCT. Just before the last time you sent me updated tunes, I read the strategy from the computer with the SCT. I'll try the new firmware and re-read the computer tomorrow.

Thanks./

MOMBENZ said:
Good Morning Greg,

I hope you are doing well.

In checking your files, we noted that you are a 2004. The tunes we sent you in June were for your original computer code. You have never been back to the dealership? Based on what you are describing, it seems you have been reflashed. I sent you an email with instructions on what you need to do.

Thanks & have a great day,
Vivian

P.S. Thank you Chris.

Hi Greg,

Make sure you take the truck back to stock before you read the strategy.

Thanks,
Vivian

Back