High Altitude turbo for Smarty

NPloysa

Anyone running a Smarty and upgraded turbo from stock at 5000+ foot altitude?

What is it and how much power are you making?

A larger turbo means a clutch and fueling upgrades, i.e. FASS or other pump so right now I am only dreaming ;)

My truck is very smoky on the #9 Smarty setting at altitude, I am going to try the aftermarket injector programming also.

Nick

A smaller turbo like a 62/12 would be your best bet at having decent spooling at those altitudes. Other than that, best advice I can give is turn the smarty down but that's no fun. LOL

i had the smarty on my truck with a BD super b in laramie wy which is about 7200 feet but its on an 01 not 06 and it had decent power but thats with injectors and some other toys

Call Industrial Injection and tell them what you have on the truck. They are in Salt Lake so they already know what it takes to run at the higher elevations. I drove Brady's truck (04.5 6-speed) and the lag was minimal with a SPS62 on it.

Bob Wagner said:
nick do your homework before opening your wallet.

I will Bob, thanks. I did my homework when I was ready for a programmer, didn't I? :)

KBennett said:
Call Industrial Injection and tell them what you have on the truck. They are in Salt Lake so they already know what it takes to run at the higher elevations. I drove Brady's truck (04.5 6-speed) and the lag was minimal with a SPS62 on it.

I will do that, Kirk! Maybe I will come out and visit you and II one of these days!

Nick