High EGT with Adrenaline

Phat Cat

Torque Seeker
I was using a 1000 tune with the 1250 egt defueling feature and was pulling my travel trailer against the wind. It was defueling all the way down to PL01 at times because the EGT was at 1250. This is a good feature but I found that my EGT's were very high and not enough power. My boost was at about 20 to 30 psi at about 1800 RPM. I am running an ATS aurora 2000. I just installed a the ADR2007F tune (without the defueling) without my trailer. It really pulls hard, but the EGT would get up to 1500* with about 40 PSI boost. I was running an Edge Comp before the ADR and even on 5X5 the EGT would not even get up to 1300*. Do you think my turbo is too small for my set up? I am also running 275 RV injectors. The rest is in my signature.
Thanks in advance for your help and opinions.

Man you shouldn't have any problems at all with that setup. I ran a comp/275/ksb-1 setup and couldn't touch 1250* if I tried.

Do you think that a dirty MAP sensor could cause over fueling? I nowticed that the boost reading on the adrenaline pod is iratic compared to my analog pillar boost gauge.

You sure you have RV275's? My brother is running the same setup that you are, but using a 62/65/14 turbo. His egts are well in check. What setting do you tow on?

Ya I installed the 275 injector nozzels myself and have been running them with an Edge EZ, Edge comp and now the Adrenaline. hmmmm I dont know why my egts are so high. I am towing on PL05. But when the EGT gets to 1250 it starts defueling. I like this safety feature, but it seems like the Edge Comp worked better for towing and would not get the EGt's too hot.

Ya I installed the 275 injector nozzels myself and have been running them with an Edge EZ, Edge comp and now the Adrenaline. hmmmm I dont know why my egts are so high. I am towing on PL05. But when the EGT gets to 1250 it starts defueling. I like this safety feature, but it seems like the Edge Comp worked better for towing and would not get the EGt's too hot.

Did you have the injectors pop tested?

no I did not get them pop tested. just replaced the nozzels on original injectors. I have to take a closer look at my turbo. But if I am making 40 PSI of boost I would say the turbo is working good.

Yes I have thought alot about water meth injection. It just seems like the edge comp made power at lower egt's.

are you looking at the EGT temps on the pulse?

On my 98 with jammers 3 and sps62, im running an Edge the attitude shows 1500 at the quarter mile

installed the adrenaline and it its 1500 about in the 1/8 mile!

I also have been wondering if the adr get so much hotter or if its just the probe/pulse that shows so high.

BTW im running the adr along with some 275 injectors and stock turbo, on a dif truck and it gets pretty hot!

on stock pl 0 it goes to 1250 on the pulse, on pl4 it goes to 1600 easy

ADR runnins fuggin hot. You may have an injector issue though as they were never propery pop-tested.

Do you know the specs on the A-2000? Not much of an improvement over stock IIRC.

I run the ADR and have gone back to stock injectors. With my 64/65-14 turbo I still hit 1500-1600 on a hard run, with comp tunes that is.

I also have an egt analog gauge on my pillar post. I have 2 seperate egt probes in my exhaust manifold. The analog gauge reads pretty close to the adr reading. So I would say that your reading is pretty acurate. I think my options are:
1. Go back to running my Edge Comp.
2. Load a tune that will not let the EGT get over 1250*
3. Get a bigger turbo or twins and get my injectors pop tested.
4. Buy a water/ Meth injection kit.
The cheapest options are the first 2 ofcoarse. I see that I am not the only one having EGT issues with the adrenaline.

I don't see that high EGT with an ADR. and my set up...even towing. I have 100HP jl's and a hx 40. Mine towing only gets about 1100 on pl3 comp tune! Maybe a boost leak???

Back