High egts really confused now

dan33klein

Hey guys I've asked about this before and now I'm really confused.
I'm running really high egts going Down the road and when I barly get in the throttle.
Everyone and myself was blaming this on my hx40 turbo I have on top. But my buddy just rebuilt a 12v and put it in his truck. He also threw a ht3b under his hx 40 . Same setup as mine. I preached to him for 2 weeks saying hes wasting his time and he's Gunna have the same problem I have. Now his motors running and it runs smooth and about 650-700* down the road. We have the same setup but his is running right and now I look dumb for saying it wouldn't work. So what could be my egt problem? I not ruling out the turbo. But his is working fine with it. Any help appreciated I want to figure this out

Gate is closed. I bumped timing 18 it was high before I advanced it to. Would a boost leak really raise egts 300* just going down the road? I'm seeing about 5lbs going down the road

is your buddies truck exactly like yours? tires, gears? rpm while cruising at set speed?

my truck runs at like 8-10psi @ 2000 rpm , 65mph

That might be a problem then I'll give it the old college try. Do you guys use a 4inch PVC cap?

well since you have twins the best way to do it would be to air it up from the primary so that it charges the whole system. This would require 5 inch pipe or a reducer of some sort.

space may or may not be a issue depending on your primary turbo location, but i find using a silicone boot on the inlet of the turbo, and then make the cap from a peice of exhaust, weld a top onto it and drill/tap a air fitting into it.

another good idea is to weld a small bead around the pipe so it wont pop off when you bring the pressure up.....not fun

I have never been able to find a good way to seal the inlet. My ht3b has a 6 inch inlet. Never found a silicone boot to fit

Also the s400's leak boost when cold, between the chra and compressor cover.

37" and 410 gears. Mines Garret and his is holset I think. Is it possible the turbine housing I bout for mine is not right for my wheel? And it's not right?

Anything is possible. One 3B might be the high flow version and the other might be the low flow version. Not all HT3Bs are created equal.

idk if it will matter but do both turbos have the fins going the same way? again idk im asking cuz id like to know if that would matter aswel