High EGT's thoughts please...

muz

I'm running a set of 5x14 injectors with 10 thou pintle lift, I've got a super phat shaft 62 and at the minute I can peg my pyro, turn day to night with smoke but only just before the turbo lights. I'm running a 10 plate set about midway. I'm concerned that if I tune the AFC more its just going to get hotter with the extra fuel? Any thoughts? anyone running similar?

it turns night into day with smoke, but only before the turbo lights...

tuning the AFC would be pulling some of that excessive pre-boost fuel OUT of the mix... cutting down on smoke.

how much timing are you running? that will make a big difference on EGT's and power.

Timings at 16.75 I had the star wheel fairly loose with the HX35 but I've tightened it up to slightly forwards of the centre of the hole, I can make it not smoke at all if I pull the AFC back but the its a leisurly drive untill it builds enough boost...

play with the preboost screw.... set your afc full forward and starwheel loose enough that it barely stops the spring from moving around...

then screw in preboost till it you feel it touch the diaphram inside the afc, this is our start point. from here adjust the preboost scre in or out an 1/8th of a turn until you find the sweet spot for lighting the turbo, then adjust your afc.....

doing the full rack travel mod on the AFC will help as well...

google it, i'm not a baby sitter