High EGTs

kasey200

I was driving along today and floored my truck from 10mph to 65mph or so and looked at my outlook monitor afterward so see what the EGT peaked at and it said 1601!! Somebody once told me that the outlook monitors read about 100 degrees high or so, has anybody else ever heard that?? Also the outlook is set to defuel at 1300 degrees so it was completely backed off. :confused:

NOt sure if the Outlok was correct...seems a bit high for your particular mods.
I know I hit 1600+ about once or twice a day...every day...so it doesn't worry me at all. I do treat EGT's with respect though...while I will definetly take it there...I won't hold it there for too long.

My buddies BullyDog deal with the Outlook seems to always read high, like 200 degrees... all he has is an MBRP 4" system and the Triple Dog with the Outlook and he's the same way. Can hit 1600 in a hurry, like 10 to 60 or so getting on the highway. Here real soon, we're going to put in a Autometer Pyro and just run it down around to the window for a test run to verify how it reads comparatively so we know. I don't believe it runs as high as his monitor says.

sredish said:
My buddies BullyDog deal with the Outlook seems to always read high, like 200 degrees... all he has is an MBRP 4" system and the Triple Dog with the Outlook and he's the same way. Can hit 1600 in a hurry, like 10 to 60 or so getting on the highway. Here real soon, we're going to put in a Autometer Pyro and just run it down around to the window for a test run to verify how it reads comparatively so we know. I don't believe it runs as high as his monitor says.

That's a good idea.

i have an isspro gauge and with my mods i can peg the needle at 1500. 10 to 60 or 75 80 to 110+. been like this since i put my SCT in and it does that on my street file. maybe i need an intake. :doh:

Garrett

yeah weve seen 1500 degrees a few times too, and had the 35 psi boost gauge pegged towing a flatbed trailer with two ktms and a heavy polaris quad on it with the looney toon going up a hill....

Damn....high temps just with a programmer?

I can't hit 1300* + from 0-100+mph with the pedal pinned.....on the high setting.......

I noticed when I switched from 3.73s to 4.56s with my 38s that my EGTs dropped 200-300*.

i have ID'd extreme street file and have never been over 1200*. infact, i dont think the truck has ever seen the upper side of 1200* before!

I put a piece of electrical tape on my pyro, or I just ignore it. LOL

strokedviking said:
i have ID'd extreme street file and have never been over 1200*. infact, i dont think the truck has ever seen the upper side of 1200* before!

Where is your pyro? Post turbo?
I can hit 1200* stock with the pyro pre turbo

With my newest round of mods and running my ID Extreme Race I hit 1900 today. Talk about a smokin' beast. Cars behind me have to turn on their lights! ROFL

dude you need some air!!!!!! All i can say it BAM pretty soon, unless you get some more air into her. all that heat!

Back