High Idle and Lift Pump

cowboyup_2000

I have heard some rumors that CUMMINS has supplied the ECM with a High Idle function and also a 3 cylinder idle function, but when dodge got rights to the motor they Locked it, how would i go and Unlock that function? i live in south dakota and it would be nice to use that in the winter time when it's minus 25 outside.
also, i just had to go through the lovely chore of replacing the VP44 injection pump with a reman job and the dealer also supplied me with an "updated" lift pump that is to be mounted downhill from the tank on the frame rail someplace...any suggestions on where to mount that as far as being a better location? beside the tank, after the tank, near the tank?

I have heard some rumors that CUMMINS has supplied the ECM with a High Idle function and also a 3 cylinder idle function, but when dodge got rights to the motor they Locked it, how would i go and Unlock that function? i live in south dakota and it would be nice to use that in the winter time when it's minus 25 outside.

Easiest thing to do is take it to the dealer to have the ECM reflashed or find a local guy with a Smarty that can flash your ECM.

also, i just had to go through the lovely chore of replacing the VP44 injection pump with a reman job and the dealer also supplied me with an "updated" lift pump that is to be mounted downhill from the tank on the frame rail someplace...any suggestions on where to mount that as far as being a better location? beside the tank, after the tank, near the tank?

Under the bed, forward of the tank is where most aftermarket pumps are located.