High Idle/Dont Shut Off

ratledbycummins

My wife is driving a 2001 Cummins with the H.O. and a 6 speed trans. its got a edge juice with attitude, hyper-tech programmer, fass fuel pump, intake, and exhaust. when she runs it down the highway with the cruise on, she will get down into town again and the truck idles at 900 to 1000 rpm.
and then occasionally it dosent shut off. the turbo timer is off on the edge and then when she gets it to shut off and restarts it it idles normal. Im confused on this one. could it have something to do with the stacked chips? any ideas?

My wife is driving a 2001 Cummins with the H.O. and a 6 speed trans. its got a edge juice with attitude, hyper-tech programmer, fass fuel pump, intake, and exhaust. when she runs it down the highway with the cruise on, she will get down into town again and the truck idles at 900 to 1000 rpm.
and then occasionally it dosent shut off. the turbo timer is off on the edge and then when she gets it to shut off and restarts it it idles normal. Im confused on this one. could it have something to do with the stacked chips? any ideas?

Well both of those add timing which isnt good together so start by pulling and selling the hyper-tech. Then check for codes.

well im going to pull the hypertec out tomorrow so i can put it in mine for a drive on sat. and ill let her drive hers with just the edge for a while and see what happens.

odieub i would PM u back but i guess i haven't been on here long enough yet to send Pm's but if i do sell it i will keep you in mind thanks for the info guys