High idle kits

yankneck696

Master tinkerer
Myself & Michael Nelson have colaberated with Jacob at Diesel Auto Power to bring you a high quality high idle switch setup. for more information on them, look at http://forum.mopar1973man.com/index.php?/topic/7833-high-idle-kit-is-here/
For pricing & selection, look at http://www.dieselautopower.com/category-s/441.htm

All units are built by me & are all USA parts. 1 full year warranty on parts & labor. You will need to have 3 cylinder high idle enabled either by a dealer or a Smarty. Diesel Auto Power also has a Smarty rental option for those that want to go that route.

Thank you,
Ed

I'm confused. If the high idle is turned on in the ECM...doesn't it idle up on its own when it is cold enough for the ECM to do so? Is this for PTO use? Can you set the idle RPM? Not that I have my old '02 anymore, but I'm a little perplexed by your product.

I'm confused. If the high idle is turned on in the ECM...doesn't it idle up on its own when it is cold enough for the ECM to do so? Is this for PTO use? Can you set the idle RPM? Not that I have my old '02 anymore, but I'm a little perplexed by your product.

Looks like it fools the ecm into thinking its cooler out than what it really is. It also has a MPG to prevent timing retard when cold out.

Looks like it fools the ecm into thinking its cooler out than what it really is. It also has a MPG to prevent timing retard when cold out.

Ya....but all that crap just to fool an AIT? $150?

Not to be a stick in the mud, but if you'd plug your truck in using the free block heater cord that is already there, it will be warm already. :D

Last edited:
I am not a vendor, but Diesel Auto Power (Who is selling it) is. I only put it out there to spread the word about it.
If put in the 6 cylinder mode, it also fools the ECT to run that way indefinitely. Goof for keeping the heat/AC up to par when parked & also keep a good charge on the batteries for EMS workers. There is also a MPG mode to reduce fuel consumption in the winter.

It idles at 1200 RPMs & if that meets your PTO needs, it will work.

Ed

Last edited:
Seems to me like a wood dowl cut to the right length would be a ton cheaper.

Mine idled up good enough as it was... If I felt I needed anymore than what it did, it should have been plugged in. The only thing on mine was on very cold mornings (below 15*) it would get very cranky. And I mean very.

It seems that the $150 price is accepted well. I am about to start my second batch soon. As for the dowel, that is a time proven method & I have used it myself, but it will not give you 3 cylinder high idle & will not give you the MPG gains, either. In 6 cylinder mode, if left in that position, it also fools the ECT to give prolonged 6 cylinder high idle when desired.
Every part is made in the USA (Not an easy feat) & a 1 year warranty that is given (If there is a problem, I just send you a replacement & you send the old one back) to insure that all are happy with the product.

Ed

Last edited:
I'm kinda pissed the write up on how to build it disappeared from Mike's site.

Well, that was a decision that was made between us & wasn't easy. In the future, there will be a writeup of how to build this one. I put alot of R&D into it along with (The hardest part) sourcing all materials in the USA. No junk. Radio Shack resistors vary too much with temperature. We are also in the process of pattenting & there are legal issues to that.
Ed

Back