High Rpm miss and pop.

fearthedeere6.7

Ive messed with its for ever now. It all started after my pac brake 4kgs. at 3k with not boost its starts to chug pop miss and blow blue smoke every where and even if i stay in it i cant get over 3600-3800. At first i thought it was timing. I set at 19.5. Ive put a raptor pump on, messed with my gov springs modded the ofv, I dont know what else to do. Under load it will only pull to about 3500.
Trucks a 95 built auto, contagious dvs, 5x14s, raptor, rack plug, 65mm turbo, racked barrels. Anyone have any ideas on what to try next. Planing on swaping injectors and dvs and re doing gs and timing.

yes started when i installed gov springs dvs and injectors. Dvs and injectors came from running truck.

Last edited:
Valve springs should be 60lbs i bought them off a local guy. Valves are set to .10 and .18. Would a low compression cyl cause this. My blow by/blue smoke is most likely from cyl 3 i pulled the injectors out and 3 was coated with oil.

X2 on the valve adjustment had an issue with mine before. They got all out of whack and popped and stuff. Adjusted them no more popping. Got out of adjustment again and ended replacing rocker arms and solved my problem.

Well if its leaking then thats where your miss is most likely coming from. Possibly the pop. Get a new washer on your injector and put some grease on both sides of the washer, make sure the injector and the port in the head is really clean too, and torque it down. If you're using thin washers you probably wanna have a few extra washers and some extra hold down nuts, thay are a pain to get sealed up. When you're done with that I would check for boost leaks too.

I switched to a of 5x16s set at 4kpsi and the medium washers. Truck idles smoother but still has pop and miss at 3200 plus. Ive got a torktek ofv, hamilton springs. on order. gonna check timing again this weekend. I dont think theres a boost leak, my hx52 ran clean with 5x14s and 3/4 cuts dvs. Even with at afc foot out once i had boost i cleaned up the smoke to just a light haze. It might just be timing truck runs good down the road, just not as well as the same setup on my 96 5sp.

Im going to take a video of it tonight and post a free rev vs driving it.

Last edited:
Back