High Tech Turbo 66-26

NCOVEY

More projects than brains
Anyone using the 66-26 ss on their 12 valve? How do you like it? Any drawbacks? It is a 66mm-71mm-16cm stainless steel housing.
Thanks-Nicholas

I have a Prostreet 66 with 16 SS on my dually, I love it, it is a little laggy but if you can get it to light to about 8 lbs it takes off and you are at whatever you set the wastegate at in a matter of sec. I'm at 48 lbs and if I take off from dead stop it lights in about 1.5 sec, and the dually wheels start to spin a little and it is gone. EGT's are a little higher then I wanted, but the SS housing can take a lot move heat then the Cast piece. Over all I think it is a great charger, built for higher boost 40 lbs +, and I'm happy with it.

Mine seems to work ok. I'm pretty hard on them and hopefully the third one will last longer than the others. It seems to light sooner than the 14cm housing and keeps EGT lower across the board from 100F to 300F lower.

I am having trouble with my egts on my '96 so I thought about having my HTT 64/14 htb2 upgraded to the 66-26. I have the 215 pump, #100 plate, 4K GSK, 370's, Piers 3rd gen cam, ATS pulse manifold, 20* timing, 12mm studs, o-rings, Snow water injection, AFE Pro Guard 7, 5" into stacks. So I should be on the low end of this charger power wise. If I am not careful I can flat blow my egts off the map right now. I am also planning on upgrading my injector, because I know the 370 spray pattern isn't conducive to low egts. I have a set of 5x20's in it right now that I borrowed from a buddy of mine, and it dropped the temps a little bit on the low end. It would probably drop them a little more if I bumped the timing a little more, but with this little charger, I don't think it is going to perform the miracle I am looking for. Is there anything else, that I am blatantly overlooking? -Nicholas

Personally I think that may be too much injector, but I'm not an injector expert.

So you like the charger eh? I don't want to call a 66/16 a big charger, but torque convertor selection helps tremendously with spooling!

I have been running the 370's, we just stuck the 5x20's in to see what a proper spray pattern would do to cruising temps. It actually ran cooler under 2000 rpm than the 370's. I haven't ran it too hard with the 5x20's, because I am well aware they are way too big for the charger I am running at the moment, It was basically just an experiment. I am considering going to the 66-26 and upgrading the injectors later. I was basically asking if anyone had the 66-26, and how they liked it, and I listed mods to see if my thinking was going in the right direction. I forgot to mention that it is a manual transmission. -Nicholas

That is what HTT is calling their 66mm-71mm-16cm ss housing turbo, when I called yesterday to get some info on it, and upgrading mine.-Nicholas

NCOVEY said:
That is what HTT is calling their 66mm-71mm-16cm ss housing turbo, when I called yesterday to get some info on it, and upgrading mine.-Nicholas

Nicholas,
Can you keep me informed on your update?:ft: [ PM would be nice]
I have the same charger, but since my rebuild, the II sticks & scheid pump have sent the EGT's out of sight.:rockwoot:
I'm also considering the same update.:thankyou2:

WAYNES WORLD

joefarmer said:
Personally I think that may be too much injector, but I'm not an injector expert.
that's an understatement joe. i personaly have never talken to you, but i've read alot of your reply's and find you very educated. way more than me and 99% of others:bow: :bow: :bow:

Wayne's World, I will do, but it will probably be a little while, I have to get some money together to do things the way I want. I pulled Saturday night, and broke the output shaft on the transfer case, so I have to do that first. I haven't decided if I want to fix the 241DHD or step up to the 271 :doh: .-Nicholas