Hmmm Ideas needed

pyro07

i have been trying to turn up my VE pump some more and i cant get the fuel screw on the back or the pump to turn at all i have been trying to back it out to pull the collar off so i can adjust it more, I also have been trying to get the starwheel to turn and have tried twisting a screw driver in there as well as some pliers and have only managed my mangle the teeth. So does anyone have any ideas? or tips?

Mine just came right out. Ask over in the First Gen section over on dieseltruckresource, there's a whole grip of 1st gen dudes over there.

i have been trying to turn up my VE pump some more and i cant get the fuel screw on the back or the pump to turn at all i have been trying to back it out to pull the collar off so i can adjust it more, I also have been trying to get the starwheel to turn and have tried twisting a screw driver in there as well as some pliers and have only managed my mangle the teeth. So does anyone have any ideas? or tips?

Were you able get the lock nut lose. As far as the star wheel. Try holding the locking spring away from star wheel.

Were you able get the lock nut lose. As far as the star wheel. Try holding the locking spring away from star wheel.

As for the lock nut when i was messing with it i didnt notice one but researched it today and discovered that so thats on the list for tmw and I tried holding the spring away from the star wheel yes

Try spraying a bit of penetrating oil on the threads for the starwheel. Mine was not dirty at all but was a royal pain to break loose. It helped mine. Once it was loose it was easier to turn.