Hold My Beer Springs: Short Story, Long

Ktown6.0

I can't remember
Let me preface this: I am nowhere near the CompD level of PPump 24v that most of you are. Furthermore, I strive to get to that level. It just happens to be through my wallet. Luckily, my wallet doesn't have the same ideas that I do.

To my experience:

Due to much research and learning here from the fine folks at CompD, I was able to fully accomplish a ppump swap to a 24v. (Again, thanks to all who answered my never ending questions.) After finishing and making sure things were in the best of running conditions, I set it to forget it for a while. But, I just wasn't happy. I kept reading here, looking for more ways to tweak. To change. To find... MORE POWER. I couldn't do it. The stock governor spring kit in the p7100... sucks to say the very least.

I had seen the notes about the HMB springs. I figured they would work great now, to get me where I would want to be later. Since Jeff is a good drive from me, and time doesn't allow such trips, I gave Matt Wells a call. He now owns and operates Turbo Matt's Diesel Performance.

We discussed my wants and needs. And what I wish to do in the near future, and the future to come. He explained that the HMB springs had recently undergone some construction to allow these springs to make great idle and driveability, and still work to their full potential. He made sure to pay close attention to my wishes to keep the truck as clean as possible on the street under low to mild acceleration. With a moderate to heavy haze under WOT. He said that with the new design with the HMB springs and, this was very much able to be achieved. I picked the truck up that evening. It idles just like I dropped it off. It idles great in gear, great in park, however, whichever.

These springs fuel hard, and keep fuel coming. There are no hiccups, what-so-ever. Not even high RPM popping. Definitely a great product with a great installation.

For those wondering: Truck is a 1999 24v at 227k. Stock engine from top to bottom. Stock trans even (currently in the works for some work to it). Truck has a full exhaust and intake. Even with no modifications to the engine itself save for the pump swap, these springs are awesome. Period.

(I posted this here since this section applies to what I had these installed on, but I would even advise these to the 12v crowd. MODS, if this goes against any rules pertaining to the mentioning of a non site sponsor, please let me know. Just giving as much information on this install as I can.)

Sorry for my slow reply guys.

I talked to Matt, he said that currently they are selling them with install. Not separately.

$300, installed.

I live close to Matt and have seen the before and after of setting the springs this new way. Stock like in gear idle, no touchy peddle, but no sacrifice at wot. Is your truck the white flatbed.

I thought these were the same as Haisley springs???

I live close to Matt and have seen the before and after of setting the springs this new way. Stock like in gear idle, no touchy peddle, but no sacrifice at wot. Is your truck the white flatbed.

Yes, white flatbed.

Back