holset hx35 turbo

kawiracer21

i am looking to upgrade my '93 1st gen cummins. does anyone have or know anyone that has a holset hx35. they are commonly found on the 2nd gen cummins, 94-981/2. also would this be cheaper then doing a twin turbo setup?

i am looking to upgrade my '93 1st gen cummins. does anyone have or know anyone that has a holset hx35. they are commonly found on the 2nd gen cummins, 94-981/2. also would this be cheaper then doing a twin turbo setup?

my 1st gen has an hx35. It seems to work fine. I can't really compare it to anything else, because the truck came with it.

most of 1st gens came with the WHC-1 i thought. have u done anything else to the truck? what are u getting for horse?

most of 1st gens came with the WHC-1 i thought. have u done anything else to the truck? what are u getting for horse?

the previous owner had it installed. I have no idea how much hp it's making. Probably about 200 or so. :)

ok thanks. do you guys know any good sites or have any ideas where i can pick a used hx35 or hx40??

ok thanks. do you guys know any good sites or have any ideas where i can pick a used hx35 or hx40??

for sale > Dodge Products would be a good start

Stock turbo on a 1st gen is the H1C. The HX will bolt on. If you use the waste gated housing you have to move the exhaust back about 1-1/4". Or just use your stock housing.

What trans? What injectors are you going to use? Do you need a new turbo? If not, upgrade yours with a $200 compressor or just buy a bigger one.

yep it will work all u got to do is unbolt the down pipe from the tranny. just put one on a buddies truck. hx-35 off my 98.5