Hood stack???

cumminstroked

I'm tossing around the idea of a hood stack for my dedicated puller. I'm wondering what some of you guys have done. one thing about it is the fact it has a 12v cummins in it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

I have a dodge but, I got of 97crewcab (I think that is him) member on here and got one of his turbo to hood stacks. come wrapped and all you have to do is bolt it one. Then the stack came from grandrock. they sell a 4,5,6 inch kit. Hope this helps.

All the hood stacks I've built are on OBS trucks, or Dodges. If you are wanting to fabricate your, I've got pics. But if your looking for the kit, these guys have you covered. I'm not at home right now, otherwise I'd just post them. LOL

I would like to fab my own. I will probably have to considering the set up. If i could get some pics for ideas of mounts and stuff that would be great.
Thanks

basicly it is the stack, some flanges, and the ring that goes on your hood to make it look nice. It is from Grand Rock, and you still have to build your own piping under hood.

Okay. What size is the stack? I assume flanges for the turbo mount? sorry for all the questions

The stack is 6in, I will get a parts list thats included for all of it. I cant remember off the top of my head. Its at the shop 2 hours away.

Sorry for not getting back sooner. All my stacks are from 8" material. You have to fab your pipe coming from the turbo. Once you have your stack you want length and size, next is the mount flange/plate. I cut my hoods extremely close to the stack size because I don't want a flange on the outside of the hood. It just looks cleaner. So I use a piece of plate welded to the webbing of the hood on the underside, then welded to the stack. Here's some pics to give you an idea.

My OBS

100_6822.jpg

100_6825.jpg

100_6827.jpg

100_6832.jpg

100_6833.jpg

100_6845.jpg

Back