Hookup questions

Hawker

I've been tryin to get my P-pump all set to get my conversion done, but I'm hung up on a couple things, hoping you guys can help out.

Below are a couple pics of the pump on the motor. I bought the entire kit from someone on ebay who hasn't been answering any of my questions. All I know is the pump is a 165, all stock.

I'm not sure about supply, return, oil lines, etc. I also have an extra hose about 8" long with flared fittings, looks like the tag says "to vac pump"

If someone could label what goes where, it would be a huge help

ppump3.jpg

ppump2.jpg

ppump1.jpg

Justin

the steel braided line on it that says to vacum pump is oil supply, which goes into the block where your vacum pump gets its oil You will need a t to that unless you plum into another one.. The red plug on the inside of the pump in the front it the fuel return which you will need a over flow valve for that. On the side of the pump with the linkage on the back is your fuel supply where it will go from your transfer pump into that on. On the top of the pump at the rear that brass fitting gets a boost like hooked into it for boost referance for the afc.

excellent.

theres a steel braided line hanging from the pump in the first picture, do you know what that ones for? I also have a plastic plug on the inside of the pump, almost right inline with the last line to the injector.

excellent.

theres a steel braided line hanging from the pump in the first picture, do you know what that ones for? I also have a plastic plug on the inside of the pump, almost right inline with the last line to the injector.
The one on the inside is the fuel return.

excellent.

that's the oil line he's talking about. Is there a billet alum restrictor fitting where the SS line is?

Also you linkage/apps looks funky. Ima find some pics for you on how it should look.

tell me about it. that was how the pump was shipped to me. real hack job if you ask me.

ok.. i'm almost completely confused now.

Red plastic plug - inside, front of motor: fuel return
red plastic plug - outside, top near linkage: fuelv supply
braided line hanging from pump: into T for oil supply
braided line laying on the ground in the pile of parts: into other side of T and into the vaccum pump

ok.. i'm almost completely confused now.

Red plastic plug - inside, front of motor: fuel return
red plastic plug - outside, top near linkage: fuelv supply
braided line hanging from pump: into T for oil supply
braided line laying on the ground in the pile of parts: into other side of T and into the vaccum pump
What's the matter?

is that the correct hookup?

I'm more familiar with the 7.3, this whole cummins thing is new to me. trial by fire if you will

is that the correct hookup?

I'm more familiar with the 7.3, this whole cummins thing is new to me. trial by fire if you will
Yes but I dont see what your talking about laying on the ground.

Orignally that oil feed went on the inside of the pump that tee'd into a line that went to the power steering pump.

Hope that helps.

Ask away if needed.

Back