Hoping Problems On The Track????

92OLBLUE

Catywampus
I have a p-pumped first gen that i have pulled a hand full of times and i always have a bad hoping problem.. Any solutions?? Thanks :poke:

Do you run traction bars of any type? 1stgens will hop terrible til you get it set up.

Not yet I am working on a set as of right now that will mount right under the middle of the door and then back to the rear axle. How much weight do you run on the front?

Ive heard 1500lbs is the ticket on a first gen. Ladder bars will definatly help your hopping problem

run as much weight upfront as you can without being over weight in the class. lower the air pressure in your tires. i run 40 rear 30 front. and is it hopin down the truck or wen you first come out of the hole?

Hopin down the entire track. If it was just at the beginning would't bother be to bad but it hops like a rabbit lol. Ill try the weight and traction bars and see how that goes. There is a pull this weekend so ill try it out.

I usually hang 1500 in a 7500 lb class and around 2000 in an 8500 lb. as far as tire pressures I usually run 40 front and 60 in the rear.

How are you coming out of the hole?

Well last season i only had a small single disk so comin outta the hole was rough. Now i have a Southbend 3850 Dual disk so it will be a different story this year....

I only got a small single disc and it works great.

Make some suspension stops too.

I have to run 1500lbs and 20lbs of front air pressure to keep from hopping. Went to a three day pull and tried different setups back to back and that is the only way I got it to stop bucking like a bronco. 30lbs of front airpressure didn't work for me. Got to get the front lift off soon.
I have got the southbend DD too. I like it so far with two seasons on it. This year I have been coming out of the hole hard with it. Full RPM's and 30lbs of boost instead of babying it.

Yeah I have stock suspension besides a front 1.5" add a leaf.. So ill try running the pressure low in the front and hang as much weight as I can