hoping yall can help me out.

96ram

well had my rebuilt trans for a almost a year now, with 15k miles, well it shifts great when its not under wot and hits every single gear, i have taken it back to the trans builder, and after some wot passes from a dead stop it hangs up at 30mph and 50mph dpending on where the tv cable is set at and i have to let off a little to shift, we determined that the truck was running out of pwr, at wot (i am still on stock gov springs) i got a 4k kit ordered. i have tried messing with the tv cable and i get one speed fixed but not the other one. my tps reads 95% on the floor, (nothing is blocking the pedal travel)

so to sum this up is my truck running out of pwr at wot or 2900 rpms causing my shifting to hang at those 2 speeds, no codes before and after the test. and the mods are no plate and a racked barrels.

this truck isnt used as a race truck so i am not really worried about that 95% with the tps just a daily driver with some wot passes on the street

thank yall for any advice.

That throttle valve spring in that shift kit is supposed to give you 31-3200RPM shift points, if your not full fuel to there you need to go back to a OEM TV spring or modify your fuel system for full full past that point.

Also a Govenor Pressure Solenoid with a dirty filter/screen can cause the same symptons, but if adjusting the TV Cable makes a difference, I would not expect the Solenoid to be the problem.

Lavon

thank ya i am going to quit messing with the tv spring until i get my gsk in from pac brake, i did some more tuning with the tv spring (its its a little loose ) and got it to shift at 50mph with foot on the floor from a dead stop. she does good expect it hangs at 30mph then it shifts right after that. so i am just going to leave it be, and i think at 50mph and i punch it she drops down to what feels like second or third then shifts back to 4th around 80mph

i heard that the auto wont shift past 3000k rpms in atuo mode. unless some work is involved via pot mod. (i dont have the need for it to shift higher then that)

Last edited:
can anybody else confirm about the gsk being the problem.

i did some testing again and at 2500rpms and 2250rpms. she will bang through the gears. so that does lead me to believe that the gsk being the problem,

Last edited:
after waiting 3weeks for west texas diesel performance. to get around to putting the gsk in i decided to do it myself (would i do this again not at all) here is my experience

well i got the gsk done it took me about 6hrs to get it done (i had an issue with the rear bolt on the fuel shut off) then it went down hill (in a good way) plus i found out if you use the alternator you can only go one direction. i had the my buddy at the shop come help me (i couldnt shut down the truck i tired putting a towel on the grid heater all i got was white smoke and it tried to (so i had a mini runaway experience. (i didnt have the intake horn on at this time) (turns out i didnt have the alignment pin correct. and i had to limp it to the shop i had an issue with the fuel shut off again not causing the arm to move via gsk nut (both of these due to me being stupid)

so about the gsk specs its a 4k i did the one click then plus 3 she pulls good in all the gears (i havent tried to push it past 2900rpms) but i found out i might need to detune the ole girl i can easily hit 1400* pre turbo. think i might put my #100 back in and maybe 3/4 forward. or new air filter because i can pull the filter minder down (i will have to go look tomorrow to see where its located

$75 (new in package it turns out it just didnt have a brand attached to it (if yall get what i am saying) (i bought the gsk from a shop my buddy had it but never put it on his truck (he sold the truck)

i love my dodge she puts the biggest smile on my face. i wont try to hit 4k rpms, (i dont have valve springs) plus i will need a bigger turbo correct (if i remember correctly stock hx35 is a restriction at higher rpms.)

Last edited:
Meh run it out, if it shifts where its supposed to, you are good.
New air filter will help.. And you aren't really hurting anything turbo wise till over 1600 on short trips.. 1200 towing..

thank ya i got a bhaf (dang filter better be worth it cost me $325 including towing) well the truck took a turn for the worse new injection pump worse. turns out 5 and 6 barrel shims fell out due to the holder coming lose, plus the rack got bent. (i guess when i did the racked barrel mod some how the screw came lose) (i made sure everything was tight when i did that mod) and i guess the gsk giving full throttle) just made everything worse.