horn question..

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
ok so we all know the problem with opening the door while in gear on an auto.

well i just pulled my headlights on my 06 and see two horns.. my question:

do both horns operate when you push the center of steering wheel or is one for the open door sh!t and one for normal use?

if so, i am unplugging one.

haha, it's a dodge thing colin, you wouldn't understand.

& when it is in reverse it does it.

what does it do, the truck start honking the horn with it running? If so thats really funny... LOL

well just re-installed headlights.
put new bulbs in everything.

looks good :)

so if anyone knows about the horn thing, let me know and i will pull the headlight again if needed to disconnect haha.

On the 3rd gens they had a problem with the shifter not going all the way into park to light up the "P", so instead of doing something useful to fix the problem, Dodge decided it would be a good idea to issue a TSB and they would program the computer to flash the lights and honk the horn whenever the shifter wasn't in park. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!! That means you can't have the door open while backing a trailer or moving the truck a little it. The most embarrassing thing is when you go somewhere and you open the door without realizing that the "P" isn't lit up and the damn horn starts honking! Those guys at DC are idiots! IIRC the '06's can from the factory with this program. I'm desperately looking for a way to override this. Maybe Marco can help us out!

yes it is very embarasing i had it happen to me while backing up to a trailer with the door open. let us know if you figure a program out.

Sounds simple enough. If the seat thinks your butt is in it it won't sound the horn. I disabled my seat belt dinger in this same way on my 2002. I never wear the stupid thing and don't need some box full of 0's and 1's telling me to put it on either! :D

I can't figure out how this patch under the seat works for the door being open, but stranger things have happened. Give it a whirl.

if you can go to the dodge house to put it on, I imagine you can get them to take it off... Mine dont got it!

Last edited:
actually, DC cannot take it off.
it is embedded in a flash code.
pluss all 06+ came with it.

SCHOOL BUS said:
if you can go to the dodge house to put it on, I imagine you can get them to take it off... Mine dont got it!

don't ever go in to a dealer for a reflash or you will have it