Horsepower Advice

FosterW

How Now Brown Cow
I'm looking for the best way to get around 350hp with my conversion. I'll be using my stock injectors converted, stock HX35, HelixII, Airdog supplied 215 pump, and .093" lines and tubes. Will an #8 or #10 plate, 4k springs, and some AFC tuning get me there?

I'm doing this swap for reliabilty and the fun of tuning a mechanical set-up. So don't bother telling me I'm wasting my money doing a P7100 conversion. Its already begun.

Easily.

0.093 lines and tubes are overkill btw.

Timing wouldn't be a bad idea, but you probably won't need to bump it to get to 350 rwhp if I had to guess.

I realize the .093" lines are overkill for 350 but thats just for now. I was thinking 17.5* or so.

I missed the stock injectors part. You probably can get there, but I think I'm going to retract my easily comment.

I'd suggest more timing.

with the little that I know about P pump trucks I think that you should be close to that maybe 18 to 18.5 degree. why not use .084 lines over .093. did you want stainless over mild steel.

p.s. why did you decide to go with a helix over a maxspool or one of hamilton cams.

I would leave the injectors alone. that setup should get you there but id run a #100 plate in it. both me and a buddy have the .093 lines on our coversions and are both running our injectors at the vp pop off and the trucks run great. do you have head studs?

When I first got my p-pump motor I was running RV275's, 16deg timing, and a Dodgezilla(35/40 hybrid). HP was 375. A set of F1 1.2's set up for a p-pump will raise your power up a bit, lower your egt's, and bump you up about 1.5mpg over the RV275's.

Wes if you need any help let me know. You can drive my truck if you want to too. Jarred will know how to get ahold of me... Id be willing to bet im in the 350 range with my current set up...

Hey guys its been a bit since I've been here, but I'm embarased to say the ppump idea for me is kaput. I'm not the type of guy who tells people hes going to do something and then not follow through, so I apolagize. Some other things have come up and I just don't have the money to finish the project the right way. Unfortunately I will be going back to a VP for the time being. Thank you for your replies.

that sucks that you wont to able to do it, owell you can always keep the parts to p pump your truck at a later date.

Back