Horsepower vs torque

When Will A 62 Compressor Wheel Be Avail From Bd?

I'm not an expert, but I have to ask WHY??

Their turbo engineer, John Todd I believe, seems to be doing an awesome job as far as I can see. The old Twin setup has taken some trucks over 700hp, and the new one seems to be doing quite well...and both will out spool ANYTHING with a 62mm on top, IMHO. Spool is Torque, torque is power;)

Chris

help me...

i am choking

and torque is power forrest

hp is a bs #

imo

torque isn't power... torque is torque... a measure of work

horsepower is a function of what RPM you make your torque... a measure of how fast you can do that work

hp is a BS number?! LOL wow... take two trucks... both have 1200ftlbs... one has 400hp, the other has 600hp... which one is faster? which would you rather have?

don't you drag race bikes? I'm assuming they're DOHC 4cyl's? why not run a V-twin... I mean, they make tons of torque!

Hell, F1 cars should ditch their 800hp NA V8's... they're turning what, 18,000RPM these days? torque can't be more than a couple hundred ftlbs. They should quit wasting their time and drop a dang ol' 1200ftlb Cummins in there and really get to work! :hehe:

hp is a number that gets spit outta a computer using torque rpm and a man made formula

even has a magical constant in it somewheres

thats all i was saying

if i had the cash i would be runnin a twin instead of the dinosaur that i ride

of course there aint no 100 cu in twin going 4 secs 175 mph either

they have to be damn near 200" to hang

talk about some screwed up rules

i hate HD and their money

:hehe::bang

A BS number? Are you serious?

Power is a rate of doing work. If you want the physics that go along I can give them to you. But basically power takes into account speed.

Which would you rater have? A truck that can pull the trailer up the hill at 55mph or one that can only pull it at 25mph?

The "magical" constant of 5252 is derived from accounting for converting torque multiplied by revolutions per minute into x amount of horsepower or 550lb-ft per second. There is no magic in it.

Horsepower= amount of work done over time

TQ= The force(or power) at which work is done

Torque does not even require motion to measure.....so torque by itself does 0.

Back