How a core becomes an Hamilton Cam

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
A little insight into how we cut our cams.

040.jpg

037.jpg

025.jpg

027.jpg

Geoff is the Master Cam Grinder in the Pics. Enjoy!

Zach

He sure is Eh? He likes to poke fun at the "ya'll" and I give him Hell on the "eh". He has a wealth of knowledge from his 30 years in cams. It is really a joy to work with him.

Yep it was in the corner when you came up. Were actually not getting ours until next summer. Photos of the spring manufacturer will be next. I am touring the Detroit production plant as they make the 12v stuff next week. Sorry Dalpilot, 6.0 will be later this fall. This is a big plant that does a lot of the OEM stuff for the big three auto makers. I will try to sneak some pics of the spintron and R&D departments to show problems with different spring types, and why we settled on our designs. No smoke here, just real data! We look forward to doing some mythbusting of our own, and informing the average diesel owner of real issues in their valvetrain, not hype thought up for the forums, to make sales.

Zach Hamilton

Glad to see you here Zach. Better products with real data, is what is going to change the industry for the better.

I agree....just throwing a cam out there and saying "buy it because I said so" ain't gonna fly anymore.

I'm not complaining, but how did that first picture pertain to cams? lol

Behind every succesful man is a good woman. Well in Geoff's case, he has two backing him up! (wife and daughter)

I agree....just throwing a cam out there and saying "buy it because I said so" ain't gonna fly anymore.

I could put a name on that statement!

One of the oddest but best statements I've heard yet is a (self licking ice cream cone)

Jim

:clap::clap::clap:

Heard that this week from an F1 dealer about some other parts. :hehe:

Zach, do you plan to make a cam for the 6.0? It sounded like it when you replied to Tim up there.

saying "buy it because I said so"

That goes hand in hand with " If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS!"

Which resembles more than one internet forum company that started a few years ago!!!!lol
I found out back in the day, "buy it because I said so" also meant, you about to be the R&D guy with your wallet.

Gene, when I first got into diesels, I bought some very high dollar parts from people that "had it figured out" And you are right, It was more or less paying them to do their r&d for them. I have spent tens of thousands on the turbos of the week that lasted a few runs or super top secret injectors that were nothing special. It is a good thing companies are starting to show flow rates and other pertinant information so that they can make up their own mind, rather than stage 1 through stage 8

Santa Gertrudis, no problem

How much touble is it to change the cam gear and can we advance or retard a can to help with tuning a engine?