How are the brackets decided round by round

Todd W

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I have a basic understanding of how the racers are bracketed round by round, but I have a few ?'s.

In SS I believe the first round matchups are determined by E.T. made during qualifying. Fastest vs. slowest and next fastest vs next slowest ect. True?

Is round 2 the same way? fastest in round 1 winner vs. slowest in round 1 winner and so on?

If a person has a bye run how are they matched up in the next round. If they do a slow pass is that slow E.T. used as the criteria for the next round?

In sportsman are all rounds based on rt of the previous round?

and finally how is the person who has lane choice decided, I think it is by how far the winner beat the person he raced in the last round, if that is true how does a person who had a bye run factor in to lane choice.

thanks

In SS I believe the first round matchups are determined by E.T. made during qualifying. Fastest vs. slowest and next fastest vs next slowest ect. True? Correct

Is round 2 the same way? fastest in round 1 winner vs. slowest in round 1 winner and so on? No, once the ladder is set, it progresses out to the finals

If a person has a bye run how are they matched up in the next round. If they do a slow pass is that slow E.T. used as the criteria for the next round? See above

In sportsman are all rounds based on rt of the previous round?
They are paired first time out, best reaction vs worst, second best vs second worst etc. Unless you have an odd number then best reaction gets 1st round bye. Then the ladder progresses out to the finals

and finally how is the person who has lane choice decided, I think it is by how far the winner beat the person he raced in the last round, if that is true how does a person who had a bye run factor in to lane choice. Lane choice is by best reaction in Sportsman ET and best ET in heads up classes. If the guy with a bye doesn’t make a hard hit at the track, he most likely not going to have lane choice.

Thats great, thanks.

I am guessing that the ladder is set so that the 2 fastest qualifiers would not meet until the final round, correct?

right. ok that answers all my questions, thanks and see you in topeka.

I hate the single passes during eliminations, don't know what to do about it however. Why can't the pairing be redone after every round so the quickest gets the slowest? That way a guy is more likely to run his truck then idle it down the track. I don't think lane choice means to much to the 4x4 trucks either.

I hate the single passes during eliminations, don't know what to do about it however. Why can't the pairing be redone after every round so the quickest gets the slowest? That way a guy is more likely to run his truck then idle it down the track. I don't think lane choice means to much to the 4x4 trucks either.

It's called laddering which is established after qualifying. You know that. Even the Pros (Force, Dixon) will have singles if their competition can't make the round for one reason or another. Get over it...... Sorry, I have my curmudeon hat on this morning. Also have a broken diff.

Jim

Back