How are you guys launching at the track?

Santa Gertrudis

6.4LTTFMF
Hey guys, possibly heading to the track soon, and I want to get some good runs in. How are you guys launching? 4x or 2x? What RPM? Are you switching back to 2x during the run? Anything helps. Just trying to get the best times I can. Thanks

4x4, hold brakes, boost to 2000rpms, launch on last yellow light, and hold on! dont switch back to 2wd because it wont shift back anyways, just switch it back when you are slowing down.
Ohh yeah you are gonna wanna just prestage, and let the other person get staged, then you will start boosting, and then roll forward, and give it the rest of the throttle, then go!

Ditto, although I take the rpm's up a little higher than that. I usually just take up as high as the brakes will hold.

Experiment with doing a burn-out too. A lot of people say it'll slow you down but my 60' is always better when I do one.

Thanks guys, thats what I figured, just wanted to make sure. BTW, Danny, hows the Yota coming?

Dude when are you going? I take it you're going to LMP? Let me know, I'm pretty sure I can get a few other diesel to go.:Cheer:

Has anyone done it in 4x4 and 2x4? What was the outcome? I would be scared that 80 plus in 4x4 would not be a good for it. Just wondering???

4x4 high to 2100rpms as soon as you see last yellow let go of the brake and when you feel it roll, switch it back to 4x2 I've seen 1.80 60 ftr constantly 1.81- 1.84

Let me know when you want to go. Wheres this track at??? How far is it from CS???

OneStockQuik6.0 said:
4x4 high to 2100rpms as soon as you see last yellow let go of the brake and when you feel it roll, switch it back to 4x2 I've seen 1.80 60 ftr constantly 1.81- 1.84
The only thing switching to 2X4 will do is let your truck come out of 4X4 after your done with the run and turning off the track(when your going really slow) It wont come out of 4X4 going down the track... Not sure which reason you were saying to take it out.

CookCR said:
The only thing switching to 2X4 will do is let your truck come out of 4X4 after your done with the run and turning off the track(when your going really slow) It wont come out of 4X4 going down the track... Not sure which reason you were saying to take it out.
I know it dont disengage untill you stop but to me its mental LOL

I do 4x4 launches all the time, street/track, never broken anything here!! Gotta love the throwing you back in the seat feeling!!

1.8 60ft on 4x4 launching and 35's. hellava jerk at launch and watch out for redlighting. also fold your mirrors in.... take your tailgate off..... loose some weight

strokin'_tatsch said:
well. how could i launch with a 5sp. manual transmission???

Grow a thrid foot or have the wife run the gas! :hehe: She is real good at putting it to the floor.

I launch at 20 psi of boost in 4 wheel drive and shift back to 2 wheel drive as soon as posible. If you have a floor shifter it will come out of four wheel drive while accelerating. My best 60 ft is 1.72 and consistintly 1.74 - 1.75