how big of a clutch

YUTANCUMMINS

will be running a benched 215 full cuts 5gsk ground plate full foward sdx 240s correct psi. gt3782r over an s475 cam,springs etc will be a DD what hp rated clutch would u guys sugest thanks need to know how much to save up :doh:

Damn man. Talk about fuel. You do realize you don't need that much fuel for a daily driver and can still clear north of 600hp right?

yeah i know i just want to be able to support its max power, will go with smaller dvs normally.....anything wrong with all that fuel though, the twins should handel it shouldnt they just control all that power with the pedal??? how is the clutch press. on big clutches does it suck

Agreed. Stick with 191's or .022's and you'll have more than enough fuel.

so if i got some stock dvs and a stock fuel plate all the way back wit the 240s though could i survive on a 550hp clutch till i get some cash

Your clutch pedal pressure will all depend on what clutch you get, when you talk to the person you purchase it through they will go into more detail, if you will be pulling I would recommend a heavier plate load which will make the pedal pressure more stiff, but thats something you will have to deal with if you want it to hold. For drag racing only you could get by with a lighter one like a 3250 and they are not to much worse than a single. I have ran about everyone you can get and currently have a 3600 in my 04 and love it and the pedal is not to bad and i have a 3850 in my 06 and i got used to it pretty quick

Keep the 100 plate and put some 191's in it and you'll be fine. Just leave the plate and AFC housing slid back.

Do you have a 550hp clutch now?

Sounds like he does or just wants to buy one to get him by, you can survive that clutch behind any truck it just deopends on how you treat it. If you baby it around everywhere you go it would last for a good while but it wont like any boosted launches or hooks of course, do you still have the smaller input shaft?

yeah i have a 550 one right now want to get all the stuff on when i do not drive the truck much cause the weather.... will not have any money left to by a clutch right know

ithink ill do what bgbldodge said oh and i dont have a big input shaft will get it with the clutch