how competitive can it be?

red dodge2

just wanting to see what everyone thinks about how competitive a ppump 24v can be vs a 12v.

Really not much difference. As you saw at Vanderburgh County, Chassis/Tire/Auto/Manual setups make more of a difference than how much power it makes even tho they are capable of making the same power.

what about about money invested>? and 24v head are known for cracking round seats.... my opionon 12v... all the way round

It can be just as competitive as a 12V, maybe even more than a 12V

easier to move air through 2 small valves than it is 1 big one- more valves=more fun.

i know it can cost some bucks to ppump a 24v but is it worth it for how competive they can be?

if i end up doing it i will prolly end up buying the kit that way everything is new.

competitive in what class? 2.6 or 2.8 yea with the right parts and tuning its competitive.

you go 3.0 and it can be competitive but its gonna need money to run with the built 12v's. those guys at that point are getting into major valve train work, P&P headwork, bolt on intakes etc...all of which you will need to do also to keep a p-pump 24v in the game.

im from the east coast and my 24v is competitive in our 2.8 street classes, and didnt get beat too badly by the 3.0 guys when i hooked with them.

competitive in what class? 2.6 or 2.8 yea with the right parts and tuning its competitive.

you go 3.0 and it can be competitive but its gonna need money to run with the built 12v's. those guys at that point are getting into major valve train work, P&P headwork, bolt on intakes etc...all of which you will need to do also to keep a p-pump 24v in the game.

im from the east coast and my 24v is competitive in our 2.8 street classes, and didnt get beat too badly by the 3.0 guys when i hooked with them.

Alot of good running 3.0 trucks around here run 24v heads. Now is it a ppumped 24v or a 12v with a 24v head? Doesn't matter either way, but imo ppumped 24v or however you wanna say it could be more competitive. All of Calvin Miller's truck have been this way.

what's it take for a p-pump 24v to be competitive in a 2.6 class

well assuming you have the rest of the trucks et up to pull, i would go with a 12mm pump set to run 450-550cc's and you are gonna wanna turn about 4500 rpms. and you are prolly gonna need an S400 frame charger. thats assuming the 2.6 class in Indiana where you live is as tough as the ones i've seen in Ohio, Ky, etc...

automatic or stick?

Back