How do i get 400hp out of my 180hp pump?

pb1011

I have a 1997 12v 180hp cummins and i want to get to 400hp. Ive done a few mods like a 3gsk kit, a #8 fuel plate full forward and blocked off wastgate. The motor has stock injectors and the afc is backed off. What else can i do to get as close to 400hp without costing me a small fortune.
Thanks for the help.

had a friend that did the same build you had except he had a #10 plate instead of an #8. After that he just had our local performance guy kick the timming and fuel pressure up. He did 400 flat on the dyno the next week.

I have the same pump, except with a #100 plate and boost control elbow giving mump, not sure what to time it, but I'll be puting it on the dyno in the next couple weeks as is so I know where I am and how much more I have to go.

George

Smokem said:
What kind of dyno was it recorded on? 400hp with only a #10 plate, stock injectors, and stock turbo on a 911(180hp) pump?
Good call, thats a lot of HP for stock parts and a #10 plate. I'd like to find a dyno like that!!

I know this is a newb question and i should prob search but what do u meant by a "#10 plate" is this some kind of restricter plate somewhere?

It is referring to which fuel palte is used. Try a search for 12V fuel plate and you'll find a lot of info, I'd explain more, but I gotta go shopping for my wife's B-day.

George