How do smarty's work?

fordtk12

Banned
How do smarty's work? Do the reprogram the computer or to they stay in truck and you can monitor or change things as you drive?

Smarty reprograms the ecm with differant levels that have to be changed with the downloader while the engine not running. Takes about 5 mins.
I don't think they have a Smarty for Fords yet.

I was hopeing they had it with a switch that you can change on the fly. Plugs into the computer and stays there. I am buying a dodge and looking into things a while.
Is there any kind of a 6 position chip for the dodge that is any good?
From what I hear smarty is the best way to go but I would like to be able to change the settings without reprogramming

Want to be able to change on the go cuz if I have it on a setting good for fuel economy but then want all out power I would have to stop. Unless the top setting also is the best of fuel mileage???

Only way to make it adjustable is to get a smarty and have it on a decent setting.. Like 3 or 5 for a good run around town rig. Then throw a TST Or similar in the loop with it..

Smarty works well with the tst. You can pick a s/w with your Smarty and tune it with the tst.

The older tst box like mine does timing and duration with 9 levels of torque and power. This is injection pulse duration and can be changed with a remote. The Smarty does timing, injection pulse duration and torque management buy downloading a s/w. You can download a Smarty s/w that works well and use the tst to fine tune.
The Smarty by it self will be about all the stock cp3 can support.

the new beta 4.2 software is really showing some GREAT potential :Cheer:

So I need a smarty and a tst?
What does the tst do by itself?
What price are we lookin at?

The new tst does adjustable timing, duration and pressure. No torque management.
You need both but if I was going to only buy one it would be Smarty.

yeup if it were just one.. it'd be Smarty, but TST on top if you have the extra cash.. TST it depends on if ya buy it new or used.. If you want a Smarty.. ya gotta talk to Bob and he'll give ya the price.

What kind of extra mileage can be seen with a smarty? If you do normal driving

Just a queston but what makes the smarty the best? Hypertech is saying they get 176 horses out of the common rail and 2-6 MPG.

Don't get fired up just a queston.