How is your VP holding up????

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
I was told that pretty much all VP's remanned since mid 04 or so have the updated "fed-ex" electronics in them. If you have had a pump swap since lets say Jan of 04, how did/has it held up?

Mine was last replaced 83k ago-Tapped for 65k. Got a 216 code a few weeks back.......But we had swapped injectors and it took a while to get it re-started. Runs fine now, but does not like hot starts.

Well I had my replaced 2 weeks after getting the truck back in october of 04. It had 85k or so on it. That one died sometime a few months back. I had and Edge EZ then I stacked a Superchips on it. Then I sold the EZ and bought a Comp and had it stacked with the SuperChips until I tapped the Comp. That pump died with around 45k on it. Now the new VP44 I got from Scott over at Mass Diesel was put on a while back and has about 30k on it I believe, but not exactly sure. Also I just tapped my drag comp to it about 30 minutes ago and I have 165k on the ticker.

Also I've been running a Holley pump for about 3 and half years, but it's about to go to the trash and a AirDog 150 is taking it's place.

My stock went out at 75K in I believe '05 due to a failed lift pump. It was replaced under warranty and has ran fine since. I have the vulcan relo/big line kit and am still running the replaced but stock lift pump in the new location. Wire has been tapped since 90K and I now have 106K on it. I don't drag race or pull sleds competition style, but I do drag large trailers all over the state so I put a lot of miles under heavy load. Lift pump pressure is normally 14-15 and 10-11 under load. Everything has lasted so far with the "fed-ex (or whatever)" post '04 pump. This is assuming that the bucking and jumping when the temp is cold isn't due to the VP. No one including Edge can figure it out. I may have a leakin' muffler bearing or something stupid. :D

My stock 01 lasted 130k but it was still running great when I swapped it other than being down on power. I've only got about 20k on this new one.

150k original pump, tapped - and it loves wot burts
all on a 53 block :ft:

stock pump replaced at 89k believe it was last may the new pump is working fine with odo over 205xxx on the ticker

192K showing on the original pump, been tapped for at least 100K of that. I know it's been driven from here to Atlanta with 0 fuel pressure (first got it, knew no better, but learned quick at Jeff's first shop day) and has been run without FP a couple of times since then.

Actually cranks easier now than it did two years ago, go figure.

Replaced mine at 102,000 in '05. New pump has had the wire tapped since 2weeks after it was put on. Now has only 20k on it, but pulled a heavy load 100 miles with no lift pump(pre Fass). Blew white smoke, but never got a dead pedal or any codes. Still running strong with several different modules and downloaders tested on it in dyno runs.

Lost the original one at 62K miles, lost the second one (a hot rod pump) about 20K miles later. Now I can't keep injectors in the truck long enough to see how long the new VP will last.

original lasted 110k, started to get to be impossible to start, no code. Got a new one put in, but it was bad, then had another one put in and it runs awesome, No tap because no tapping box. Maybe after the first of the year I can remedy that little problem, plus the pump has a one year warranty tapped or not, so I got that going for me. Oh dually, I would check your blinker fluid, if thats low it can cause all sorts of problems:hehe:

I sold mine. Do yourself a favor and grab a common rail.
ar117920215235797.jpg

Brandon, for as many head gaskets, and other parts i've destroyed with my measly little VP power... If I got a p-pump or CR then my truck would be sitting in the shop as much as yours is. :)

Back