How many blown head gaskets have you had, with what?

WHat did you have when it blew?

• Stock bolts

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • 425s

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • 625s

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • O-ring and studs

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

SPEEDSHIFT

I have been doing alot of head gaskets lately on these 6.7s, just wondering if everyone else is having the same problem? Also these metal gaskets dont seem to do very well.

I have been doing alot of head gaskets lately on these 6.7s, just wondering if everyone else is having the same problem? Also these metal gaskets dont seem to do very well.

yeah i got problems too!i was told if i went with 425 studs i wouldnt have anymore problems.

Last edited:
Ive heard of a few failures, but not any in person. How many have you been doing? What kind of mods were on these trucks?

I have been running a SMARTY since day one with zero isues. Put 625's in at 35k miles, and still runnin strong. Lookin for a reason to pull the head though! lol

Blew the first time with arp 2000's. No biggie I thought... Expected at 900hp. (Although it had many runs at that level... I thought they did well) so I go to the 625's and at a much lower hp level I blow the gasket right out of the chute.

Blew the first time with arp 2000's. No biggie I thought... Expected at 900hp. (Although it had many runs at that level... I thought they did well) so I go to the 625's and at a much lower hp level I blow the gasket right out of the chute.

Did you check the head for flatness after you blew it the first time?

First time it blew with stock bolts..then it blew with arp studs and o-rings.

Most of the trucks I am talking about have a Smarty, and EGR delete. One guy has been through five gaskets and one head, all done at the dealer, and all on stock bolts.

I the smarty, xrt, PMT, and Blackmaxx took it out with the blackmaxx 225 tune but thats not to say it wasnt damaged before ,but I beat on my truck pretty regular and i was on stock bolts but not anymore 625s for me along with a jnj fab wastegate.

i run mine pretty hard, 13.2 at 104mph. stock gasket and bolts, it seems that the majority of the one popping the head gaskets usually have an egr delte or block, the turbo dosnt evac very well, and causes sky high drive pressures, so far the egr block or delete is about the only common factor, other than most have a smarty, but marco has removed some of the timing.