How many have had a wheel bearing fail?

B.A.Ram

A Big Deal
How many, at what mileage, and what was the damage report? I actually was driving slow when mine completely let loose so damage wasn't as bad as it could have been and it's cost me $1300 to date in parts and it still isn't back together. Oh and the truck only has 85,000 on the clock.....:banghead:

Bout 100k, heard it start grinding and checked it out, $280ish from the dealer and 2 hours later I was back going.

02 Both front wheel bearings in less than 80k miles both with in about 10k time frame both made noise for a LONG time before I got scared that they would acually take a big dump. Only diference is my truck is two wheel drive.

IKE

My only problem is mine didn't give any advanced warning. Wait I take that back...the ABS light came on about 10 min. before it junked because the sensor melted. I replaced both sides even though the drivers was fine just to be on the safe side. Put new rotors, new pads, and new hub assemblies. Currently waiting on the outer axle piece with the splines from quad4x4.com in order to finish putting it back together. Apparently that part was on national backorder....That piece alone was $200...Hopefully I will have it fixed by mid-week next week. I'm just glad I didn't loose the bearing running 75-80 or the bill would probably be a lot higher :bang

Yeah, mine just start making noise a little while back, maybe 2K ago. I have the truck down for a major service and some modding right now, so i'll be install a new one of those while I'm at it, since its apart anyways. I'm pretty sure its the wheel bearing anyways. My brother stuck my truck in the mud and immediately after, it started making this noise. I tried cleaning everything out, but still no difference.

So its better to be safe than sorry So I might as well throw one or both in. the truck is a 2000 with 127k on the clock.
Sean

Yea, mine started grinding about 6hrs from home. Once I got home and put it up on the lift and the pretty much fell apart. The next one went within about 2 months. Note to ya, never try prying one out with a pry bar when your hands are slippery.... It will only end you in the ER for 5 hrs and 13 stitches......

Leave the 4 bolts in the bearing assembly, Use the correct socket to fit said bolt and an extension to knock the bearing assembly loose. The bolts will save your foot a LOT of pain LOL LOL