How much assembly lube needed?

Got Smoke?

Ok I've read through 10-12 pages of the extreme tech section, and done a search for assembly lube. One name that keeps popping back up is Lubriplate 105.

Ok so is this one 10oz tube enough to reassemble my motor? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not sure how much of thise stuff you need to use.

http://www.lubriplate.com/webstore/detail.aspx?ID=17

If you go to the auto parts store the tube size they have will be sufficient ... I would recommend Redline assembly lube though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you go to the auto parts store the tube size they have will be sufficient ... I would recommend Redline assembly lube though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X2 Redline assembly lube

Sent from my computer using the keyboard :lolly:

Same stuff I used, you will have plenty, that tube will do several engines.

You'll know you're using enough lube when she quits screaming :D LOL

lubriplate 105 is what cummins recommends for most engine assembly parts, sometimes gear oil, vegetable oil and such are called for, i use 105 on all bearings/camshafts/rockershafts etc.

Wes

I can do 2 N-14"s with 1 bottle. We get it at Napa

That's no joke, one bottle will go far! If the engine is a project build that is going to be assembled over a long period of time then an assembly lube of sorts is a good idea. If you're putting it together and firing it in a relatively short amount of time a good grade engine oil will suffice. If it were mine I would gather all the parts needed to complete the engine and then I would assemble it with engine oil and get it running asap.

Last edited:
That's no joke, one bottle will go far! If the engine is a project build that is going to be assembled over a long period of time then an assembly lube of sorts is a good idea. If you're putting it together and firing it in a relatively short amount of time a good grade engine oil will suffice. If it were mine I would gather all the parts needed to complete the engine and then I would assemble it with engine oil and get it running asap.

Well I'll be able to reassemble the bottom end as soon at it gets balanced here in the next couple of weeks. However, I just sent my head out to be reworked so getting it completely reassembled will depend on when that gets back. Just curious how much I needed.