How much $ does it take to make a 6.7 EGR and DPF free

revolutiondsl

Cat buys my Cummins parts
OK so I know everyone loves the 5.9 but Ive been looking at some newer trucks. How much does it cost for an EGR delete and a DPF delete I also have a 62/71 and an ATS 3rd gen manifold that I want to put on one.

Your lookin at a smarty or a h and S tuner, plus a delete pipe or complete exhast system(recoment complete system) And EGR delete kit which consists of two plates that block flow and gets rid of the pipe that crosses from the cooler to the intake. I've done quite a few, can't remember the price though. Oh and I belive there is s kit or a DIY way to pull the EGR cooler off the motor too, not sure haven't done that one yet.

how do the H&S tuners do better then a smarty or just stick with the tried and true smarty. After deleting those pretty much an old CR again correct.

H&S tuners are doing very well, the new black maxx they came out with is, comming out with new software, it will be like efi livve for the cummins, as for the dpf/egr delete, you will not be looking at a ton of money, best bet would be remove the complete exhaust system and put one on off a 04.5 and up 5.9, they bolt right up and everything. The egr kits cost about 200 bucks for the complete delete. Then run tuning od preference.

I've only installed the h and s, But I would trust that smarty is an excellant tuner as they have always been. oh yea the big tunes on the H and S are pretty wicked, turns a 6.7 into a torque monster.

H&S tuners are doing very well, the new black maxx they came out with is, comming out with new software, it will be like efi livve for the cummins, as for the dpf/egr delete, you will not be looking at a ton of money, best bet would be remove the complete exhaust system and put one on off a 04.5 and up 5.9, they bolt right up and everything. The egr kits cost about 200 bucks for the complete delete. Then run tuning od preference.

Not very much like efi live at all. You still only have a little tiny bit of control over your tuning. Looks like 4 adjustments, fuel pressure, fuel rate, injector pulse width and timing. So it gives a little but nothing like efi.

Not very much like efi live at all. You still only have a little tiny bit of control over your tuning. Looks like 4 adjustments, fuel pressure, fuel rate, injector pulse width and timing. So it gives a little but nothing like efi.

My bad, i have not been able to see that into detail of it, just going off what i hear.

Tried and True!!!! Smarty works great. Smarty, Exhaust kit (or just a piece of 4in pipe) and your "Green Friendly" crap is gone. Smarty would also let you put the 3rd get 62/71 on if you'd like.

its cheap to upgrade I was thinking stock or very small injectors like 50 hp and I think Im going to just get a stickshift since its going to be a tow rig.

If it's a tow rig keep with you stock turbo you'll love the EB. Your gonna need a clutch or a Suncoast, unless you can keep the Smarty below 3. The torque from the 6.7 is 2nd to none.

its cheap to upgrade I was thinking stock or very small injectors like 50 hp and I think Im going to just get a stickshift since its going to be a tow rig.

50's aren't worth the time an effort. 90's you'll be able to feel but if your doing injectors its going to be come more than a tow rig. Come down to Fleece sometime and you can drive my old 6.7, Smarty on 7 and a Suncoast it was right at 460/1000. Great tow and daily driver. It ran 13.68@98 on the same set up.

he351ve and s362 compressor wheel both flow 65lb/min

Basically.

PS - Love the avatar... ahah

Think I saw a kit on Farmboysdiesel.com full TBE & Smarty for $1100. I highly recommend FarmBoys 5" exh for CR's!

I just talked to Chase at FPE and got straightened out on 6.7s Ive not messed witht them much.