How much fuel Drag Racing

BINGS TRUCK

Going Drag Racing this week end for the first time in 03 6.0 4x4 ccsw thinking of ways to lose some pounds.Less Fuel in the tank would be one way but how much fuel do I need with out worring about running to low and hurting the injectors. Thanks

Welcome to CompDiesel BINGS
I guess the proper amount of fuel would depend on how well you hook up. Some may need a few extra pounds for traction, others may not. I would guess 1/4 tank would be more than enough though.
Are you going to drop the spare tire and tailgate as well?

spare and tailgate.... launch in 4by4 so you wont need to worry bout traction... i took my truck out last weekend on less then a 1/4 tank by the time i got there and i had to leave and go get more fuel!!

I try to have between a 1/4 and a 1/2 tank of fuel.
Lose the spare tire,but I have taken the tailgate off,put it down and it didn't help any.
My fastest times have been with it on and up.
I do fold those elephant ear side mirrors in thoughLOL
Good luck at the track and post up your times when you get them:rockwoot:

iracemx6 said:
I try to have between a 1/4 and a 1/2 tank of fuel.
Lose the spare tire,but I have taken the tailgate off,put it down and it didn't help any.
My fastest times have been with it on and up.
I do fold those elephant ear side mirrors in thoughLOL
Good luck at the track and post up your times when you get them:rockwoot:

Thats what I do.

Thanks every one just got my UNTOUCHED BKG9 CODE 03 6.0 flashed to a tec7 and waiting on wild looney. Will let everyone know good or bad, by the way anybody going to the diesel drags at Great Lakes Dragaway(union grove wi.) this saturday june 30th.:tree:

Well everyone just got back from my first Drag race with truck best run was a 14.30 at 95.22mph. One problem when truck shifts gears it falls on its face like you put the truck in neutral then it picks up again, any ideals does this on every shift, really sucks and I know it's hurting my et's. I did'nt think the SCT had de-fueling, or is it running out of fuel I had 1/2 tank. I'm sure truck would run a 13.?? if power would stay on during shifting. Almost forgot made it to the second round and RED lighted.

BINGS TRUCK said:
Well everyone just got back from my first Drag race with truck best run was a 14.30 at 95.22mph. One problem when truck shifts gears it falls on its face like you put the truck in neutral then it picks up again, any ideals does this on every shift, really sucks and I know it's hurting my et's. I did'nt think the SCT had de-fueling, or is it running out of fuel I had 1/2 tank. I'm sure truck would run a 13.?? if power would stay on during shifting. Almost forgot made it to the second round and RED lighted.

Get ahold of DJ, and have him tweak the tune. Also you might try to raise the WOT shiftw about 3-4 MPH. I know it sounds weird, but it works a lot of the time. WIth an 03 you should be running in the mid 13's. I am a tec7 also, and without NOS, mine is a mid 13 second truck. How much are you boosting for your launch? Find out how much it will hold before letting loose, and that is what you want to leave at.

Thanks guys talked to DJ today thinks might be hitting the rev limiter. My 60 ft's were all in the 1.80 - 1.83 but the shifting was just killing me can't wait to go again.

Dalpilot I changed the wot 1-2 shift up 2 and the 2-3 shift up 3 and it works alot better. Can you please explain, my thinking:1tooth: is if you go up in mph's truck shifts that many mph's sooner and if you go down in mph's truck shifts that many mph's later is this correct.

Just updated went back to track lastnite with some tweeks from DJ and my best time was a 13.73 @ 96.79 mph. Now I need to work on getting of the line with out spinning and getting boost where needs to be best 60ft 1.76.Going to try less tire pressure less fuel in tank (had over 1/2 tank oops) also have fuel system to put on.