How much HP will this hold??

CTDpowerTN

i have a HTS TC,VB, and billit input shaft..for fuel i just have a diablosport predator right now that goes to 160hp... how much more could it handle? and also, how long u think my tranny should last. if i just leave this one programmer on it, and run it on 100hp level most of the time...no 4x4 launches at all.....

:welcome:

Laminated/billet flexplate? No? Get one. Yes, give it hell. You'll be fine. Worst that'll happen is you pop the output with a hard launch, but you'll probably need a torque management delete to do that. HTS VB has nice high line pressure to clamp those clutches and make em live. :rockwoot:

i dont have a flexplate.. i didnt get one cause i knew i wouldnt be doin any 4x4 launches or real hard racing.... it still should be fine shouldnt it?

Whatever you do, don't add a tornado to that combination...you'll break axles for sure.....:D

and if i put the "tornado" sticker on my back window, thats another 100hp there..!!! :hehe:

Eh, maybe. Most of the flexplate horror stories I've heard have nothing to do with launches. Usually they're torn out with a lockup or throttle roll, so the war stories go anyway.

I just like to overbuild things so I don't have to worry. Common rails have a nasty tendency to tear the centers out of the factory flexplates. .090 thick (I think thats the factory thickness) aint too much meat to hold abuse.

Just the predator, you'll be fine.

Sorry, sometimes I just spew out the terms I use in my head that often mean nothing to the outside world. :hehe: What I meant by throttle roll is a brisk push of the go pedal with the TC locked and the engine spinning fast enough to light the turbo quickly. Torque comes up very quickly against a locked converter. Pop.

I replaced mine before I got the chance to tear the center out. If you get the tornado, definitely get the flywheel. LOL

what kind did u put in urs when u replaced it? if i do one sometime, iam stayin with HTS products....

Back