How much is my 4.5" Lift and 35's Hurting me?

Convicted1

Hey All...

Quick question...

How much is my 4.5" Lift w/ 35/12.50/20 Toyo M/T's hurting me at the pulls?

Should I seriously be looking to swap back to stock suspension and wheel size?

Let me know what your opinion is...

-David

Last edited:
I would take it off and step down in tire size I really think it would help

Thats what I've been thinking...

I was thinkin' of going back to stock suspension w/ Bilstein 5100's...

Either Stock Wheels or a Stock Sized wheel and a set of BFG All Terrains.

Lets see some more opinions...

Personally I'd just buy a cheap set of wheels and 33's...now it will be a little harder to make a set of bump stops and hitch to meet 26" but you could do it without removing the lift.

I have 35's and like te gearing selection, but I have less lift. If you like the stance go down to just a leveling kit and get some 33's for pulling.

I run a 4in lift and make out fine. I would try a smaller tire size first before takin the lift off.

LOL... Looks like its almost a split as to what I should do.

I really like the looks of the truck with the lift, but it would look retaded on 33's. So If I'm gonna drop tire size... I'm dumping the lift too.

I'm not REAL happy with the lift as it is... It's one of the first Fabtech Performance kits that was released and the blocks in the rear are too short so it looks like it sits lower in the back from most angles anyway.

Think I'm leaning towards going back to stock height and 33's...

Should I do 33's or 285's?

what gears do you have? 3.54s or 4.10s? the rule of thumb i was always told was 33's for 3.54s and 35's for 4.10s... just my .02

Here is what 33" tires look like with a 4.5" lift. I had a killer custom 4 link system and this was a loose track.

0610dp_02_z+2006_nor_cal_diesel_rally+cummins_sled_pull_start.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQTZnerJYKc

BBD

Well I guess that doesn't look as bad as I thought it would...

The lift must not hurt too much if you were running one Scott...

I'll go ahead and let this run through tomorrow evening, then I'll tally the votes and see which way I decide to go.

It'll either be stay with the truck lifted and run 33's...

Or go back to stock w/ leveling kit and run 33's...

Seems to be the common theme that the 35's are the biggest problem.

Not be confusing but my vote would be to loose the lift. You have to really like the looks of the lift to keep it and I did, but it was pain figuring it all out so she wouldn't bounce. If your teatering and can live with out the lift, pull it.

BBD

Well...

That cuts it then.

She's going back to stock... I just need to find somebody to swap suspensions and wheels and tires with me.

Any opinions on what 33" Tire to run? Best all around tire would be great till I get some hooks on the truck and then I'll look at picking up a few different choices...

Leaning towards BFG All Terrain T/A's... But I'm willing to listen to you guys with more experience.

Also... Are the Bilstein 5100s a good idea? Or should I go with something else?

Thanks for all the input guys!

-David

If you like the way the 35s look, I would take the lift off and just run them with a leveling kit (which is what I have) I just run 33s for the pulls.