how much should materials cost to paint my truck?

homer97cummins

I have a 97 ext cab long bed cummins its brilliant blue with the common fading on the hood and roof. A friend of mine will be painting it for sum brews but i was just wanting to get an estimate of how much it will cost me for the materials. Im wanting electric blue pearl but im thinking that might be too much money so im also considering brilliant blue again or going to a white color. So could you guys help me out and give me an estimate on what this would cost me? thanks i appreciate any help

Here is a quick break down of about how much stuff is to do a complete truck.
Primer 250-300 for a gallon
Base coat (color) 200-400
Clear about 300
plus reducer and sealer,tape, sand paperect...For a complete your looking at 1k plus in materials. If your using all good name brand stuff such as 3m and ppg its not cheap at all.You can get cheaper stuff that works fine.

I'm pretty sure that's ”Intense Blue” your speaking of. Paint code PB3. Check with Roachie on here also for more info, not saying above is bad, but Josh currently does paint & body work.

When I bought my dupont metallic black was 700. I'm glade I work at a paint and body shop I get all my meterial for free if it's for me or family members.

I'll just give an extreme ball park. For paint/materials, some minor body work, and the labor costs 3k is low for a good paint job.

When I painted my RSX (size of a 2dr civic) it was $900 at my cost for materials alone and I just used the factory color.

CL2000 is pretty close, the brand of paint and system you use have a great effect on price. Glassurit, PPG, Diamont are all good and priced accordingly. Don't even think about "house of kolor". Use a urethane or water based base/clear system. If it says "enamel" run like hell.

Stay with your original color. Changing from blue to white would entail taking EVERYTHING off/apart to paint the jambs and such.

Remember, you get what you pay for. Billy Bob may say he can paint the whole truck for $300.....think about that.

Yeah my dad was getting quotes to paint his truck from white to black or a charcol and it was right around 8 grand with body work

yeah thanks for the info guys my buddy used to work at an auto body shop but he opened up his own automotive shop now so hes pretty good at painting i just wanted an estimate on the electric blue for the materials compared to the stock blue color