How much time and money to put a 12v in this?

02powerstroke

The spoon
How much time and money to put a 12v in this? Currently running a T-18 4 spd with a US gear two speed aux trans. Motors a big block 460 single rear tank holds 38 gallons.

DSC00011.jpg

Ah man thats b*tch*n. I think pullin the motor and droppin the 12v in would take no time at all its getting everything to mount up. You can get a good runnin 12v for under 2k. Im really not sure what you would have to do to get the motor to mount up the the T-18.

Good fab skills? Not afraid to spend a little money on the right parts the first time around? I would say a week or less if you can stay on the project steadily.

Are you wanting to stay with the T18?

Good fab skills? Not afraid to spend a little money on the right parts the first time around? I would say a week or less if you can stay on the project steadily.

Are you wanting to stay with the T18?

kinda cause if I dont I have to get a new adapter for my two speed and new drive shafts and all that jazz.

me and my brother did a decent job on my chevy conversion in one weekend with both working on it steady for several hours a day like 12-15 hrs a day in three days we had the motor out friday night and drove to work monday morning if you gather up all your parts first and then start in it should take about a weeks worth of good steady work to get it swapped out. cost is a matter of shopping around for the best price and not buying cheap quality parts get the right stuff the first time and you wont kick yourself in the ace down the road.

Like everyone said by the best parts first. The swap itself is easy it took me like two days to pull the motor and put the 5.9 in and another day to do everything else.

If your wating to keep the T18 than you'll want to get the ford/Cummins manual adapter set that was bolted to the 4bt .The adapter is non tilted and you use the std ford clutch ,plate for the small block ford.The only problem is over powering the small clutch .

If your wating to keep the T18 than you'll want to get the ford/Cummins manual adapter set that was bolted to the 4bt .The adapter is non tilted and you use the std ford clutch ,plate for the small block ford.The only problem is over powering the small clutch .

It has the big block clutch 12" I believe? its a centerforce dual friction

I might have one of those running around here...I can go look if you'd be interested?

Chris