how much trouble have you had with your truck?

Mr.T

DPF's are gay
ok, so i've often wondered if anyone has had as much trouble with their trucks as i've had with mine, so here's my list of stuff i replaced, starting with the purchase of the truck:

jan 09-bought the truck, 9500 bucks
jan 09- starter and alternator die

march 09-front and rear brakes

april 09-clutch #1

may 09-moog track bar

july 09-2 new batteries
july 09-rewire trailer harness so i can have trailer lights

august 09- whole front end replacement, ball joints, hubs, ETC ETC
august 09-clutch #2

sept 09-fix radio/interior light problem

nov 09-tranny grenades= clutch #3+new NV4500

jan 2010-lift pump gets weak, replace with another factory pump
jan 2010-new tires

march 2010-#1 plunger sticks= new IP, airdog 150 install in progress

i am into this truck 5 grand on top of what i paid for it, and its not even for go fast parts! its just to fix sh!t that has broke. do any of you guys get as frustrated with constantly having to fix sh!t as i do? :bang:bang:bang

tranny lines rubbed through and lost OD
Swap ats tranny in
Tranny toast two months later, still stock
Swap manual in
year later 500hp clutch toast
syncros gone in 3rd n 4th

universal joints
brakes
starter
abs light on
rust
kdp struck
window washer dont work
all speakers shot
leaks oil
stock turbo shot

thats just off the top of my head, I dropped over 5 grand just on tranny repairs alone

oh, and i have a 3" wide crack in my tranny now too, lol

ok, so i've often wondered if anyone has had as much trouble with their trucks as i've had with mine, so here's my list of stuff i replaced, starting with the purchase of the truck:

jan 09-bought the truck, 9500 bucks
jan 09- starter and alternator die

march 09-front and rear brakes

april 09-clutch #1

may 09-moog track bar

july 09-2 new batteries
july 09-rewire trailer harness so i can have trailer lights

august 09- whole front end replacement, ball joints, hubs, ETC ETC
august 09-clutch #2

sept 09-fix radio/interior light problem

nov 09-tranny grenades= clutch #3+new NV4500

jan 2010-lift pump gets weak, replace with another factory pump
jan 2010-new tires

march 2010-#1 plunger sticks= new IP, airdog 150 install in progress

i am into this truck 5 grand on top of what i paid for it, and its not even for go fast parts! its just to fix sh!t that has broke. do any of you guys get as frustrated with constantly having to fix sh!t as i do? :bang:bang:bang

Sounds like you fixed alot of things that the previous owner should have fixed, I don't consider tires being a PROBLEM with a truck though. When you buy a truck so cheap you kind of get what you pay for in some instances

the truck was in good shape when i bought it, the damn thing just fell apart the more i drove it. kinda pisses a guy off when you work your ass off and your truck just falls apart

current truck I bought with 65k, and have put almost 60k miles on it... I'm knocking on wood, but the front end is still 100% factory original and nice and tight and smooth up over 120mph. I had the tranny built shortly after I bought it, and it's been great.

all I've had to do to it as far as maint is oil changes and I've done a pad slap on the front and rear

currently my issues are:

weeping driver's rear axle seal and both pinion seals :o

I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do for injectors... I'd rather have everything lined up and possibly just replace them before anything surfaces with them.

I've been very pleased with the truck. Despite the $25k initial price, I'd say it's been one of my best trucks from a value/maint standpoint.

Purchased the Truck with 82K Miles added a Smarty TNT, TST, Edge EZ to the equation; it has been through Two "stock-ish" Transmissions, and blew up a HE341 from over boosting (53 psi) at the Track, a Blend door issue, brake pads all around, 4 new tires, and regular Maintenance... Over 450 (1500+ Degree) 1/4 mile passes on a 100% Stock Fuel System, stock Exhaust, stock Intake, and a few towing miles here and there, and 40K miles later (No leaks anywhere)... "Voila!"

Quite a few dents and cosmetic issues (Real work Truck).

I've been very pleased with the truck. Despite the $7800 initial price, I'd say it's been one of my best trucks from a value/maint standpoint.

turbo, tranny, lift pump, 3rd set of new tires, brakes, and new rotors, new front bumper cause i ran into someone, now my front seal in the tranny blow out, i sure theres more. My truck dont like it when you talk about it it gets its feelings hurt easy. Good think its at the body shop

Purchased the Truck with 82K Miles added a Smarty TNT, TST, Edge EZ to the equation; it has been through Two "stock-ish" Transmissions, and blew up a HE341 from over boosting (53 psi) at the Track, a Blend door issue, brake pads all around, 4 new tires, and regular Maintenance... Over 450 (1500+ Degree) 1/4 mile passes on a 100% Stock Fuel System, stock Exhaust, stock Intake, and a few towing miles here and there, and 40K miles later (No leaks anywhere)... "Voila!"

Quite a few dents and cosmetic issues (Real work Truck).

I've been very pleased with the truck. Despite the $7800 initial price, I'd say it's been one of my best trucks from a value/maint standpoint.

ahh, good ol' Denty ;)

bought truck for 13,000 a week later hubs, outer axel shafts, u joints. week after that oil pan. couple months later tires and wheels, fuel pump went out so i put an airdog on. and the other stuff in my sig mixed in.

Bought Jan 06.

Warranty VP in in June 06.

Replace VP September 07.

Replaced tie rods, track bar Nov 07.

Replace VP sometime in spring 08.

Replace VP with p7100 in November 08.

Replace original batteries, November 08.

Replace clutch that hates me, March 08.

Replace U joints that also hate me, summer 08.

Pull engine, due to broken injector tip April 09.

M.I.A. since then.

I think I did ok.

i would like to try to get a list with bbtank over everything that has happened to the grey truck we have owned...

Back