how much will this help me

inline6power

more hp than you
i was just talkin and thinkin about puttin a single tire axle in the back and putting on a regular long bed and wanted to know how much lighter that would be and if it would be worth it.

Inline6power,

I tried to return your PM but your box is full. Give it a look and I'll send ya a link. Thanks!

John

Loose around 400pounds I think is what I figured up last time I looked at doing it. You can put single wheel on your rear it will just stick out like 2" past bedside on each side.

I know for gassers the formula is .1 for every 100lbs. Doubt that applies to us but it'll at least give you an idea.

You may not shave that much weight since you have aluminum rims already. I dont think it is worth the effort myself, unless you chop the frame and shorten it to a 6' bed.

Dazed&Confused said:
You may not shave that much weight since you have aluminum rims already. I dont think it is worth the effort myself, unless you chop the frame and shorten it to a 6' bed.
this is what i was planning on doing. dont have the money to buy a lighter truck so i wanted to make mine a little lighter if possible. was going to chop and shorten. even though i am running aluminum rims, i am still haveing to use HP to turn the more weight in tires and so on.

Yeah I hear ya. Well you are in the right part of the country to have the work done. I know there are alot of shops in Cali that work on doing this stuff.