How to fix up a 4bt

Wombat

Hillbilly
I’m a Ford guy, but I have an IH Scout and I would love to put a high HP 4tb Cummins in it. My question is, is building a 4bt much different than building a 12V and how do you build a 12V anyway. Also I would like the Scout to make at least 400 HP to the rear wheels is that possible with a 4bt? So can ya’ll dodge boys help me?

4btswaps.com has some good info, but a lot of the guys on there are looking for MPG, not 400 hp

the P pumped version for the 4 cylinder is hard to find, from what I have read.

good luck, and welcome to Comp Diesel

Defiantly check out the 4bt site, and plan on waiting on a P Pumped version if you really want to go that hi in HP. Pretty much everything on the 4 is the same as on the 6 parts wise and tuning wise. They do shake quite a bit more though, and I swear they are louder at idle... at least mine is. :doh: Board member racinwayne has went completely stupid on his 4bt build along with a few others. Do a quick search and you will see some of there build ups. Good luck... :Cheer:

the 4BT site is lame... check here!!! a 4BT is just a 6BT w/ two cylinders lopped off... everything else carries over. be sure to size your turbos for a 2/3 scale though :)

4BT's are cool man. We built one and put it in a dakota at Hamilton Diesel. They are the same as a six but just a four cylinder. we have a p pump for it, but they are very hard to find. 400hp is possible with a p pump but i think that might be out of the question for an A pump or a rotary pump. Good luck with the build up! that would be an awesome scout.

Carcrafter22 (I think that is his name) is running a tuned up A-pump on is 4 cylinder Isuzu. He said something about 370cc flow from Scheid's. Don't know how much different the A-pumps are between Cummins and Isuzu's, but they should be able to fix it up half decent.