How to get fogs and brights on at same time

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
Anyone know how to bypass the switches that turn off fogs when hi-beams are on? 2006 modle truck

when turning off the brights, hold the lever in, they will both stay on... :hehe:

I dunno about the 3rd gens, but on the second gens you could pull the relay under the hood and put in a jumper wire so when you hit your high beems the fog light dont shut off, i had my old truck and my current truck both done and have had zero problems with it. if anyone wants i can snap a picture of it in the morning and post it.

You can find the jumper box on e-bay also. I believe that the dealer can enable it with the star scanner also.

I jumped the relay inside the PDC on my '98, but for the '05 I triggered auxiliary relays off the light circuits to keep the "lamp out" dashboard symbol off.

I jumped the relay inside the PDC on my '98, but for the '05 I triggered auxiliary relays off the light circuits to keep the "lamp out" dashboard symbol off.

Do what? My dislexic butt is confused. Haha

If anyone can locate a wiring diagram for your year model, I can look at it and tell you a safe way to do it. On the 2nd gen it is a simple little jumper wire like others have said, don't know about a 3rd gen'er. O, and you might have trouble with the stupid "lamp out" detection system too. That is something some brilliant engineer came up with that is nothing but a POS. :D

P.S. You can always pull the relay and run a direct switch to it them, but still probably have lamp out indication.

My '05 has been rewired like that for 3 years, Jory... probably other ways to skin that beaver, but simplest for me was to add relays. Besides circumventing the retarded "lamp out" circuit, it makes the lights brighter with the additional ampacity.

I ain't got a problem with wiring in relays. He'll every I've had I've put relays in to make headlamps brighter. I'm a professional wirer upper. But if it can be done by doin the clicky clicky turny turny wiggle your nose nonsense I'd rather do it that way

No CFs in my trucks - got 3 relays neatly mounted upside down on the fender's hood landing over the PDC.

there are no relays to jump on a 06.....you need the dealer to enable it with starscan...some dealers wont do it.
if your truck did not come with fogs and then you add them yourself later...the high beams and fogs do work together.
but if it's for the truck in your avatar then you need the dealer to do it....

where do you install the jumper on the 2nd gens?

Lavon

The fog light relay under the hood in the fuse box. you have to open the relay up and stick a piece of business card on one side of where the relay activates. I dont remeber which side since it has been about two years since I have done mine.

On my '98, I removed the (2) Fog Lamp Relay and inserted a jumper wire between the #3 & #4 (normally closed) PDC receptacles.

For the '05, I just used headlight voltage to command the relay for the fog lights.... hardest part is accessing the signal wire.

Back