how to get in 11's? some say i cant do it

srt cummins

ok first what do you need to be in the 11's at an altitude of 5,000 feet? on a car forum other guys say its just not goin to happen cause an 750hp d-max came he runs 11.40 and when he came he ran 12.50 all day long. so the truck i got is an 05 4x4 4dr sb it has these mods
htt 66
ddp 90hp injectors
5" exhaust
htt intercooler
smarty revo
dual cp3's
fully built trans

maybe some artificial oxygen?!:nos: cause at those elevations its gonna be hard to spool bigger chargers.

Not quite as high but I normally race on a track that is over 4k' up and have seen plenty of trucks in the 11s on fuel only. Most did have nitrous but then there were some on fuel only.

Car guy don't know squat... More fuel, air, and most important MONEY is all you need.

well iwana go with my 66 over an s480 and flux 3.5 will this get the job done. i also got a zex nitrous kit just never used it

sounds a lot closer for 5ooo ft elev maybe some fluxs 5.5's instead of 3.5's
& 2 stage progressive spray.........nos

then u should be in the game.........

You can do it with that turbo,, but not with those sticks... you need at least a set of 200's you have enough supply (well you will need a bigger lift pump,, at least a 150 150,, i think (and correct me if I am wrong) that the ad 150 is only a 150 / 95. If you are going to spray that turbo though, you will need a external wastegate. I ran a 10 with a silver bullet, I also have ran a 11.6 on fuel only with that turbo, and that was at around 3000 feet

Don't forget to build the head too. And maybe a FASS or AirDog, and add a TST in with your Smarty, I've heard nothing but good about that stack. A cam would help spool the turbos.

You dont need to build the head for those levels... the cost for the benefits dont equal out to be honest... if you put a wastegate in there you wont need to oring the head either,, just studs. I would run a smarty Dr P combo,, I think that unless you are very advanced in your tuning skills I would leave the tst out... timing can kill your engine before you can say bob. A cam will help you if you go to larger turbos, but if you run the 66 you wont need a cam, that turbo will light plenty fast

my lift pump is 150/150 its a fass on the truck. i have a cam just not on the truck now maxspool 2.5 this is my dd so i dont want it to smoke to much the cops are dicks if u know what i mean. what do i have to do to the head?

The cam will help in spooling which will aid in lessening the bottom end smoke. Don't worry about the head. It isn't needed to spend the cash when it could go to a wastegate setup for the nitrous and or bigger injectors.

Turn the truck down on the street if you are worried about smoke levels.

You can defiantly do it, you just need some bigger sticks, nitrous, and some valve springs. We race at Bandimere (5800 ft) and there are quite a few 11 second trucks. I was able to get in the 11's (11.93) with flux 3.5's, a single modded pump, full trans, studs, MPI compounds (stock over S400), and OEM tires. I didn't use any spray, any internal mods, or any traction/suspension upgrades. With some Flux 4.0's and a shot of gas you should be there. Don't listen to the other guys on the other forum!