How to lower 3rd gen. cummins?????

noll08

It's Bad
I got an 04.5 and im wantin to lower it. what would be the best way to go through with that?

start by taking the shim plate in the rear leaf spring pack and move them to the top of the pack instead the bottom this will drop the read about 1 1/2 - 2 inches. if you want to go lower remove one of the leaf springs. as for the front either swap in 1/2 ton front springs or cut off one coil of the stock front springs. do not use heat to cut the springs. either a sawz-all or grinder with cut off wheel.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable chopping springs and the 1/2 ton springs would be spongy if you ever plow or really load up the truck. That being said they'd be great for offroad.
You could always take the weight of each of the front corners and then order custom springs, which in my experience usually aren't too expensive.

ive lowered my front about 3" by cutting and it drives and rides fine, the rear is about 4"-5"

the truck is 4X4?? if its all stock not muck lowering u can do other than do some cutting.... if it was 2wd i would say go to ridetech.com and bag it... im almost sure we got a kit...

There is plenty of lowering you can do. What Leonard recommended has been done plenty of times with good results.