how to make 1000hp

bigkurt666

hey guys i was wondering what it would take to make a 05 cr cummins put out 1000hp and be a dd w/out drugs??? any ideas

I don't think anyone's done that yet and I'm not quite sure it's possible. Yet. A 1000hp daily driver on fuel alone would be a beast to handle. Just talk to RCCOX about driving a 1000hp daily driver. Granted his is on nitrous but I'm sure he could help ya and give ya an idea on how hard it would be to drive one. I know you can turn the boxes and all down and not run 1000hp everyday but your still talking about massive injectors with massive turbos and that just wouldn't be streetable. Lots of lag, lots of smoke and heat until the turbos lit. Not to mention that you'd have to run a good amount of fuel constantly to be able to drive the turbos on a day to day basis and with lots of fuel being run you run into other issues such as constant heat, lots of smoke, and mainly wear and tear on parts. Not trying to burst your bubble, just trying to let you know what your in for.

It wont be easy to do on #2 and still be a DD. The injector size needed will make it hard to hard to keep the smoke down for everyday driving. Dual Cp3's are a given as are twins, a killer lift pump, a trans, a TST, a Smarty/Bullydog/EZ/etc as a stack, injectors, cam, valve springs, intercooler, and I would use the ARP 625 studs. Then a whole lot of tuning.

Idaho CTD said:
Then a whole lot of tuning.

I think that's the main thing. Lots and lots of dyno time and time on the street with a data logger.

The last motor pulls I made where in the 850 hp range and it went over 1100 on the go juice.I can and have driven the truck aroung quite frequently turned all the way up.It doesnt have the best manners on the street but its fun.The smoke is the main issue when driving(I get flipped off alot) but the twins I run spool pretty quick and my temps arent that bad(1500 ish if you stay in it alot).The worst part about driving around with that power is it will kill your tire bill.My truck has the ability to light the tires at almost any mph.For normal driving I turn the truck down to around the 650-700hp range and thats where its alot of fun and much easier on parts.