How to put cruise control in your swap.

04_6.0

F350 12v
This is for anyone that has done the 12v swap and wanted cruise control in their rig. First you need a cruise control unit out of a gas powered ford vechile. anything beyond 99 is the same electronics. And anything after 99 all use the same plug in. I found this information out at the ford dealership. The only thing that varies is the calbe length and cable end the way way it attaches to the throttle arm. That being said the unit i have came out of a 01 mountineer with the 5.0 v8. Local salvage yard cost me $30.

Basically i found the pin outs for both and went from there.
here is the diagram for the CC plugin.
speedcontrolpinout.png

Here is the first ecm plugin
pcmpinout1.jpg

The first number is going to be the CC pin number and the second is the ECM pin number. So that means 1-9, 3-35, 4-18 (& 36 because its a 6 speed), 5-31, 6-Grnd(this is the grnd for the switch controls), 7-H.I.R., 9-28, 10-Grnd

After i got the wires figured out i disconnected both batteries, unplugged the first ecm plug and pulled back the tape and wire protecter about 8-12inches. Then i tapped the wires i need with the lines taps fron the parts store. You could cut them and splice them together except for the 35 pin. if you cut that one you will not have a speedometer. Ask me how i know! Pretty simple. the next thing was to mount the CC unit and run the cable mine plugged right into the braket and the throttle arm. all i had to do was adjust the cable length a little bit. Works like a champ. ill get some pics as soon as i find the camera.

hey, great info! thanks for sharing. may build another fummins in the future with the newer body.

You wouldn't happen to have the part number handy for the unit you got would you.
So now that you've had some seat time how is it working with the p-pump? I'm just wondering because when I hooked up the cruise on my ppump 24v it was super touchy and would accelerate way to fast, maybe it was just the way my pump was setup tho.
Thanks!