How to set up pump?

Kroner

Im looking for 500-550 hp and have no idea how to have it set up. It is a 215 pump. I know its going to be balanced. Any ideas on a setup to use?
Thanks
Adam

In my understanding you should throw in a #100 plate and possibly some 191 DV's My setup is very close to yours and I just added 35% meth and honestly my LUK pro gold is slipping like crazy. I would think that I am if not very close to 500hp, i'm over it

I talked with Ken at TAD in phoenix, he said that the B1 is good for 500hp so you have the ground floor built for 500hp

btw, I have heard it is not advisable to run plateless

hey smoke also there is a plug on the side of the pump forward from the gov. plug just right behind the power sterring pump opened it up and looked oil drained out used a mirror all i saw was what looked to be a small wheel type thing ?? what the heck is that

That is where the pump timing pin is located.
When you pull your pump off, when you go to put it back on, this is what you use to find TDC on the pump before you put the pump back on the motor.

But, if you have the right tools to do your own timing, then you dont need to mess with this. THis is just a real easy (but sloppy) way of pinning the pump in order to match the motor and the pump at TDC.

ok i was wondering a guy who works on diesels told me you could adjust timing though there but i never heard any thing like that ? I think he was just B.S. me i know a little about mechanics since i did it for a living for many years about 15 years ago all gas motors no diesel's though.

soo i am trying to learn all i can and i have learned a lot .
it seems setting the timing on a pump is a bit of a pain in the A## .
i want to bump my timing but it maybe be cheaper just to pay to have it done by the time i buy the barring tool , delivery valve socket. i have the puller and the rest of the stuff oh besides a MM indicator i have one in .001 but not MM

ok but what do you adjust i see nothing to adjust to gain any timing at that point. yeah i plan on getting the tools and doing it but time is an issue right now working 6 days a week .

ok so now that i have pulled the AFC arm out you are saying put it back in ?
i am trying to get more out of this thing if i can . #8 plate full forward ,afc arm removed , boost elbow, bhaf, 4" exhaust , stock sticks , going to get the timing set soon i hope.

oops no sig LOL 96 3500 ,auto , extcab long bed. with above mods and maybe a couple other things :)

rack travel mods, rack travel mods, rack travel mods, rack travel mods, rack travel mods, rack travel mods,................ and than some rpms mods ( a 4000 rpm kit is totally and completely awesome in my books) HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lance Raeke

a rack plug of some sort (either the mack plug or your own custom set-up) will wake your truck up like no other.

Lance