how to turn on my "in gear" dash.

Fozo

It's a good idea
Got trans built and upped my smarty to tnt 7 and shift defuel off. Now the lights on dash that tell me what gear im in doesnt turn on. Read on here its because I turned off defuel shift on smarty. Is there any way to turn these lights back on?

I had it on and my head would about hit the steering wheel when it would shift, but guess that is the only answer. Thanks 07, Ill try it again when I get home.

yeah you have to have shift defuel on in order to see the lights, your reverse lights will also not function; something to consider

Didnt notice the reverse lights. Thats going to suck cause I hook up to the trailer in the wee a.m. hours. I appreciate it guys!

Fozo if you go to the smarty area you will find a recent thread I had on this. Basically it is turned off on purpose to because you are fueling with no limits and should not be used all the time. I asked why and got beat up on so take care!

see shambo, you're not the only one........ its right in the instructions from smarty, shift defuel off, no indicators........ the search button however, is effective and functions with shift defuel off or on.

I searched and found out that info, but was curious if there was a way to turn it back on. Theres so many tricks out there, id figure it was possible.

I dont even want to ask a question on why my truck holds 2200rpms for fear of getting flamed. So I will search and have searched for the last 4 days on it, and will continue to search.

EFI has already accomplished this and you get to keep your lights...all of them.

With the newest update due out soon, you will be able to disable BTM and build xx psi sitting still...just like the shift DeFuel option on the Smarty, except you can still tell what gear your in and keep your reverse lights

~Les

For sure Matt. Hows the drag truck coming? Ill be stopping by soon on my way home from San Diego to pick up some stuff.
EFI will be nice once they get stuff for 04.5's

EFI has already accomplished this and you get to keep your lights...all of them.

With the newest update due out soon, you will be able to disable BTM and build xx psi sitting still...just like the shift DeFuel option on the Smarty, except you can still tell what gear your in and keep your reverse lights

~Les
I had thought that they said the last update would do that, but when I tried the neutral limiter (stopped in gear, foot on brake), it revved right past where it's supposed to stop. Strange. It says it'll stop there. Did I miss something?

Attachments

• Limiter.jpg
    Limiter.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
I had thought that they said the last update would do that, but when I tried the neutral limiter (stopped in gear, foot on brake), it revved right past where it's supposed to stop. Strange. It says it'll stop there. Did I miss something?

Were you in gear or in neutral?? You mention doing both...

~Les

Les Szmidt
Silver Bullet Tuning
sbt@leftcoastdiesel.com

In gear. It says, "In neutral or stationary" and the description on the EFI Live forum was that it works when in neutral, AND when in gear with a foot on the brake. But it didn't work that way for me.

But also as part of my comment, why don't you have it yet since it was part of the last public calz upgrade?

Thanks for your help, Les. I really appreciate hearing your experience.