How to wire up 47rh overdrive and torque converter?

Mach2

I'm Gettin a 93 gmc 1 ton crew cab dually 2wd from my dad and i want to put a cummins in it. I think i am goin to use a auto just because i don't wanna cut a hole in the floor board and i don't wanna have to worry bout clutch linkage. since im only 15 i want to make this as easy on myself as possible. Could someone possibly explain to me how to wire the overdrive and torque converter up??

Thanks

Center wire 12v, rear wire ground for converter lock up, front wire ground for overdrive. Only ground the front or rear when you want them to engauge. You can wire them up on a hobbs switch off the govenor port and set them to whatever speed you would like them to engauge. Test your govenor preesure to see what you need to set them at for a starting point.

Thanks for the help!!! could i just wire the overdrive to a regular toggle switch and then just turn it on when i reach the desired speed?? Or would a hobbs switch be the simplist way too go??

Thanks for the help!!! could i just wire the overdrive to a regular toggle switch and then just turn it on when i reach the desired speed?? Or would a hobbs switch be the simplist way too go??

Yes you can, the hobbs switch is for the guys to lazy to push a button:hehe:

If you end up with the Dodge RH harness...
Lt green = 12V.
Orange = Lockup switched ground.
Brown= 4th gear switched ground.

Matt do you have any leads on where to find the pigtail for the RH VB and neutral safety switch?

Matt do you have any leads on where to find the pigtail for the RH VB and neutral safety switch?

IIRC.. the neutral/ reverse light plug is the same on all rear drive chrysler products, all the way back to the early 70's. The VB plug is the same on 46/47RH equipped, gas powered pickups & vans from about 92 to 95 only & diesel pickups in 94-95 only. The 90-93 diesels had a 2 pin plug, as they were non lock up.